By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fiscal Earnings - 70 Million Profit Year-End, Q4 - Loss (70 Million)

Soundwave said:
nadam23 said:

^^

But since they manufactured them last quarter, there will be less manufacturing costs in the coming quarter or two.

Now again, I'll ask, how is Nintendo predicting a greater operating income than Net income when the Yen is projected to be favorable? Shouldn't it be the other way around like it was on this report for last year?

Perhaps costs related to that new development facility they're building in Japan that need to be paid in the next year? Maybe they're planning a stock buy back or something as well or have some accounts payable that need to be paid out.

Makes sense.

Around the Network
nadam23 said:

^^

But since they manufactured them last quarter, there will be less manufacturing costs in the coming quarter or two.

Now again, I'll ask, how is Nintendo predicting a greater operating income than Net income when the Yen is projected to be favorable? Shouldn't it be the other way around like it was on this report for last year?

Taxes man lol Government takes your money if you profit - gives you money if post a loss

Vinniegambini said:
For those asking, Nintendo's Q & A will be at 9:00 am JPN time (8:00 ES)

Omg 3 hours left!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So, is it time?

Pavolink said:
So, is it time?

I'm not sure. It will only be available on Nintendo's website tomorrow in Japanese

Last year https://twitter.com/gibbogame this person was at Nintendo's Investors meeting so I'm still waiting not sure :(

Around the Network
Vinniegambini said:
Pavolink said:
So, is it time?

I'm not sure. It will only be available on Nintendo's website tomorrow in Japanese

Last year https://twitter.com/gibbogame this person was at Nintendo's Investors meeting so I'm still waiting not sure :(

:(

I hope we can hear something soon.

I'm not sure about $1 billion, but I think $500 million should be doable. I'll take it if they don't want it, lol.

issnt their own estimation for 2014 €500m ?

RolStoppable said:
So they managed to make a profit based on dumb luck, after all. No second year in a row with a loss.

Their projected $1 billion profit is quite a lofty goal though. Either they have a packed release schedule for the Wii U or they are insane. It's probably the latter and they are overestimating the impact certain software titles will have, namely those that are going to release in spring and summer. This will subsequently lead to an unavoidable price cut for the Wii U and their projected profit gets cut in half or worse.

If one looks at their financial statement, they have an insane amount of inventories. As a result, I believe the projected 5.5 million Wii U's Iwata laid out at the begining of the year are already manufactured; hence, the big loss this past quarter as the costs far exceeded the sales. They sacrificed Q4 in order to have a good year. But yes, they posted a net profit due to currency exchange gains - they got lucky big time.

Vinniegambini said:
RolStoppable said:
So they managed to make a profit based on dumb luck, after all. No second year in a row with a loss.

Their projected $1 billion profit is quite a lofty goal though. Either they have a packed release schedule for the Wii U or they are insane. It's probably the latter and they are overestimating the impact certain software titles will have, namely those that are going to release in spring and summer. This will subsequently lead to an unavoidable price cut for the Wii U and their projected profit gets cut in half or worse.

If one looks at their financial statement, they have an insane amount of inventories. As a result, I believe the projected 5.5 million Wii U's Iwata laid out at the begining of the year are already manufactured; hence, the big loss this past quarter as the costs far exceeded the sales. They sacrificed Q4 in order to have a good year. But yes, they posted a net profit due to currency exchange gains - they got lucky big time.

Ah ... ok, that makes sense. The excess inventory is biting them in the arse. They probably have a lot of excess 3DS inventory too I would imagine but they're at least probably moving those at a steady clip.