By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Should Quit The Gaming Biz

Mr Puggsly said:
kolbykooz said:
I do agree with most of this. Microsoft doesn't cater to their consumers as much as Sony does.

sub·jec·tive  

/səbˈjektiv/
Adjective

Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

Obviously it's my opinion dude, that's just what I think. If you don't agree, you don't agree.

I make videos that are sometimes funny I think?

Check out my Youtube gaming channel here!

Around the Network

I don't understand the hate behind some Sony fans. According to you, games that are not Sony true console exclusive are complete trash. Good for you is it so bad some like the games that don't fit in this criteria? Why the hate, enjoy the games only you can enjoy and leave others alone... are these threads necessary?

Lol! i didn't read the article but i know why you posted this @Somini

You have proven your point but its not going to change anything. this is just going to be used as fuel for when others start doing this again.

They're about to.

I can hardly believe my eyes. Every single statement in this article is wrong. Every single one!

Around the Network

This won't go over well. The thing is it does have meaning behind it, MS has to start improving when the competition is doing things better and not just standing back being extremely arrogant believing you are to big to fall. This already happened with Sony and the PS2 and it is still miles ahead of the 360. Being arrogant and believing your product will sell without you trying no matter the price won't work.

the_dengle said:

Microsoft isn't even really in the gaming business. They don't care about video games. All they care about is selling their hardware, their operating system, their subscription online service. The games are just a means to that end.

I semi-agree with this. 

I don't think Microsoft SHOULD quit the gaming biz, but it seems like they are to some extent. They have always stated that the Xbox was a way into the living room and that they wanted it to be a "media hub." The neXtBox will likely use a modified (or not) Windows 8 as its OS, and that will allow them to push other W8 products to "ensure full compatibility". Sure they will keep turning out the few exclusives they have, and try and woo third parties with fat stacks of cash, but they aren't a gaming company. 

Xbox 1 was the foot in the door, 360 was the beginning of the media hub, 720 will be the full realization of their ultimate goal. Back when MS was considering entering the console biz, Sony pretty much owned the home what with their TV's, sound systems, dvd players,  and to a lesser extent their laptops and the Walkman. MS saw that the original Playstation relied quite heavily on third parties, and they saw their opening. With their E3 conferences focusing less and less on exclusive games and more on things like the ESPN/UFC/Etc apps and third party offerings.....are we really that surprised?

Just someone lighting another match.

i agree about the games MS are putting out themselves. its the reason i sold my 360.

Somini, why don't you start making threads with your opinion instead of posting anyone's opinion from the internet? Just because an opinion gets released on a website or a blogger-site doesn't make it more true or more reasonable. You could start thousands of threads which are based on forum-posts and it would mean the same thing: nothing.
What is even more disturbing is that some agree with this text. Are people really longing for that MS quits gaming? Why? It doesn't make your games any better. Or are some longing for another Sony dominance again? Why?
Well, it won't happen in near future that MS will quit gaming but just imagine they did: Publishers would make way less money without NextBox and 360. Combined sales of our beloved CoD:MW3 is more than 27 million. Do some really believe that without 360 this game would have the same sales if there was only PS3? Really? The whole industry profits of two strong brands, returning to one dominator would only weaken the whole industry.
Overall the OP could easily be made from some usual suspects on this forum and has the appropriate quality.