By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what games have the best box art?

promo edition of metal gear rising

Around the Network

This one is interesting not only because of the ghostly "Silent Hill 2" letters and the haunting green color, but also because of the fact that it features Angela (a side character) on the cover rather than James, the main character of the game. It would be a cover that would never fly in today's market ... I mean a woman on the cover, no guns, and its a survival horror game!? EA's marketing team would burn it out of fear that one of their artists would be inspired by it. The Silent hill 3 cover art also features a female character with a similiar look of distress, but the character featured is the actual main character of that game.

I always loved this cover. At first, it appears to be really plain with subdued colors and a dull soldier guy leering at you, but if you look into his goggles you can see explosions from a big battle with aircraft, ground units, a base, ect. It is a subtle and artistic touch that you just don't see in modern covers. Westwood used a similiar design for their Tiberium Sun box art, but this original box was always the best. Rest in peace Westwood.

Batman AC, Transformers FOC, Resistance 2, and Dead Island.

Batman AC, Transformers FOC, Resistance 2, and Dead Island. Mass Effect 3, how the cover was reversible was kinda cool.

Around the Network

I didn't see this one yet:

Someone should hire these people to do box art:

http://www.wiisworld.com/images/news/re4wiibox.jpg
that one

This: