By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What XBox exclusives would causes you to stick with Microsoft if they only have always on and block used games?

enditall727 said:
Pemalite said:
Rafux said:

Wow some Xboxs users are actually accepting this horse shit! They are actually trying to rationalize it, but oh well they do pay for playing online after all, they already let Microsoft get away with that one just to play Halo.

It's a free market, people do have the choice to buy it or not, regardless of what you think personally.

I own every Halo game on console and Halo 1&2 on the PC, I love my Sci-Fi so that's all that it will take for me to pick up the new machine.

Besides, my PC is online 24/7 with several hundred Steam games, even though I can set Steam to offline mode, how often have I done that? Never? Damn right.
In-fact my Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are always connected too, just for the updates, exclusives and multiplayer with my poor PC-less brother, which over time I've bought all his Xbox games anyway.

What I'm *really* on the fence about is the Playstation 4, my Playstation 3 was connected for the updates and to play Blu-rays, nothing else, seems like a waste upgrading that console just to play back movies, but it was the best bluray player money could buy "back in the day", even if Sony lost money out that transaction and never made it back.

So you have the ability to play steam games offline??

Yes of course you do!  I don't know where this weird "Offline mode isn't even real" thing comes from.  Except for one time that I cannot explain, I have ALWAYS been able to play ALL of my Steam games offline while on a flight or traveling.  I also do not by "Always Online" games EVER!   However I have yet to want a game that requires online that isn't a MP game like MAG or something...

Around the Network
DigitalDevilSummoner said:
kain_kusanagi said:

As it turns out Halo 4 is the best one.

You're just enthusiastic about the game.  And I don't actually care that metascore, user score and sales dissagree with you.

What I am telling you is; there is no guarantee. There are not enough people like Kojima or Cliff B in the gaming industry to go around.

Metacritic is worthless and Metacritic user scores are a joke. Halo 4 has sold very well so I don't know what you are talking about. Halo is in a class of it's own and Halo 4 is the best one.

Of course there is no guarantee that the next Halo will be has stellar as Halo 4. But the chances are pretty good. If it is I'm not going to miss it because of always online and no used games. I probably wouldn't use my Nextbox for anything else, but I'm not giving up Halo unless Halo stops being Halo.

But the rumors are bogus and Halo is king. So there's nothing to worry about.

Rafux said:

You are right this is a free market and consumers vote with their wallets but even if you don't have a problem with always online gaming and DRM you should see that it is wrong for gaming in general. Come to our side brother.

And be exclusively on Playstation? You couldn't pay me to do that. :P PC gaming master race and all, I like the superior graphics, sound and controls.

DigitalDevilSummoner said:

Yeah but Halo is just a logo. What if all the people made the game are gone and replaced ?

For example, Diablo 3 creators have absolutely NOTHING in common with the people that made Diablo 2.

And because of that, Diablo 3 was absolutely horrible from not only a technical perspective but from a gameplay one too, it was consolified, lost allot of depth, lost pretty much all the character customisations, lost the randomly generated world, heck even the amount of items was toned down all with a more vibrant colour scheme over the top when it should have been dark and gloomy.

However, 343i has some of the best talent in the industry and allot of former Bungie employee's and Microsoft's deep pockets, Halo 4 was nothing like the Diablo 3 debacle, at-least you could play single and multiplayer on Halo 4's release.
What I find attractive about Halo is it's rich world, full of backstory, it is SCI-Fi gaming at one of it's best, even if the gameplay is a typical shooter.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Rafux said:

Wow some Xboxs users are actually accepting this horse shit! They are actually trying to rationalize it, but oh well they do pay for playing online after all, they already let Microsoft get away with that one just to play Halo.

Well, I am curious to see what exclusive content is so important they would put up with nonsense like this to accept it.

Bring back Blinx and Voodoo Vince! keep Forza on the track.

Around the Network

None really.

Crackdown was no Infamous. Fable is pretty much screwed now. Gears is milked to the point its become stale. Halo seems to get even more tired with each release. They have no exclusives of interest. Even from a multiplayer standpoint the exclusives on PS3 just steal the show. When it comes to production value & gameplay.

Nothing would make me purchase an always online console, even if it were the only option and all the games were only available there i would not do it.

Rafux said:

is the tweet in your sig. real?

RolStoppable said:
I am used to Nintendo not being considered as an option, but the PC? I mean, come on. If someone really prefered a Microsoft console, then the PC would be the next best option.

PC isn't a console so that's why it wasn't mentioned. A PS4 would be the next best option. 
Wii U wasn't mentioned because the game library is so different from the MS/Sony consoles.

Fireforgey said:
Rafux said:

is the tweet in your sig. real?

Is a parody account.