By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - UE4 Scaled down to run on PS4, why not Wii U?

After Mark Rein made his comments that UE4 will have to be scaled down to run on Wii U I decided to do my own research to analyze exactly what the PS4 version looks like. It appears the engine is also being scaled down to run on PS4 since there is a noticable difference in the effects and how much stuff they can put in the environment in real time. Obviously the Wii U version will not look better than the PS4 version but the question comes to mind that if the PS4 cant even run the engine to its full potential and Mark Rein did confirm that UE4 will be scalable to even Tablets and Smart Phones, Its pretty obvious UE4 should be able to run on Wii U with no problem. The only problem appears to be execs and developers (man power to work on porting the engine) interest in other systems since they believe it will be more profitable to make the kind of 3rd party games the engine is famous for (First Person Shooters). This makes sense since he made the statement that if anyone wants to port the engine to Wii U they can but they are not focused on it.

Around the Network

the wii u versions will be significantly watered down. But who knows? Until we see the engine on the wii u we will not the true difference.

Its probably because Nintendo is putting out a lot of money to have Unity and other tools ported to and offered for free with WiiU dev kits. Therefore they wouldn't put out money for Epic to give default access to WiiU in UE4.

It always comes down to getting paid. MSony likely paid for it or simply did it and gave it back to Epic.

because EA hates Nintendo

Click HERE and be happy 

UE4 scaled to wiiU is UE3..

Around the Network
EricFabian said:
because EA hates Nintendo

lol thats funny

kitler53 said:
UE4 scaled to wiiU is UE3..

Marc Rein was specific when he said UE4 can be scaled down to Wii U. UE3 is a different engine so please provide a discussion that makes sense or a source stating that he said what you just did.

Good thread Keron. One of your best.

I've worked with Unreal Engine 3 and can understand Epic thinking it is enough for the Wii U. It's very powerful code and will still allow Wii U games to look much better than the best of PS360. UE4 is being scaled down for PS4 and tablets as more of an advertising move, not simply to make better games. At least for now.

wow there is already a huge diffrence between ps4 and pc. the pc version is much much better. So i dont think the wii u version would look up to par as being weaker then those two..

but damn.. pc is powerhouse

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

keroncoward said:

After Mark Rein made his comments that UE4 will have to be scaled down to run on Wii U I decided to do my own research to analyze exactly what the PS4 version looks like. It appears the engine is also being scaled down to run on PS4 since there is a noticable difference in the effects and how much stuff they can put in the environment in real time. Obviously the Wii U version will not look better than the PS4 version but the question comes to mind that if the PS4 cant even run the engine to its full potential and Mark Rein did confirm that UE4 will be scalable to even Tablets and Smart Phones, Its pretty obvious UE4 should be able to run on Wii U with no problem. The only problem appears to be execs and developers (man power to work on porting the engine) interest in other systems since they believe it will be more profitable to make the kind of 3rd party games the engine is famous for (First Person Shooters). This makes sense since he made the statement that if anyone wants to port the engine to Wii U they can but they are not focused on it.

LMAo, it will not need to be scaled down barely at all on PS4, the wiiu and ps4 are night and day please. A pc t run that right now is expensive and barely anyone would own one. There are barely aNY 8 CORE cuPU 8 gb gddr5 pc'S in the wild right now.