By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated: GoW wins - Both bad) Sales - God of War Ascension vs Gears of War Judgement

tag

Around the Network
D-Minaj225 said:
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:
Finally we shall see who deserves the GOW acronym

GoW was created and used the acronym a year before Gears

fixed it for you ;)

It is close to two years than one year

Mar 2005 to Nov 2006.

I don't know but in english the right is "1.7 year" or "1.7 years"? In portuguese we use plural for numbers bigger than 1.

Edit - Wrong, wrong and wrong.

ethomaz said:
D-Minaj225 said:
ethomaz said:
sales2099 said:
Finally we shall see who deserves the GOW acronym

GoW was created and used the acronym a year before Gears

fixed it for you ;)

It is close to two years than one year

Mar 2005 to Nov 2006.

I don't know but in english the right is "1.7 year" or "1.7 years"? In portuguese we use plural for numbers bigger than 1.

Really?  That is interesting.  never knew that.

@ People argueing about an acronym. No need to argue about it.  Most people Call Gears of War Gears.  And neither one owns an acronym.  Pointless to argue about

JayWood2010 said:

Really?  That is interesting.  never knew that.

I was wrong... I checked the dic so 1.9 is singular and not plural .

Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are stupid" and "Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
pezus said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Heavenly_King said:
Considering Gears usually sells lots of millions week 1, I think from a prequel perspective, GOW:A is performing better.

Sony logic.

Selling less = performing better.

MS logic

Gaining marketshare = winning. Thus, God of War gaining GoW marketshare = winning

That might make sense if this was the best selling GoW release ever.

say what you want, even though everybody hates miley and her music (inculding me) the girl is fucking hot

Well, who didn't expect these numbers, seriously? I don't understand Ascension drop from week 2, but other than that, these games won't past the 2.5 million units in lifetimes.

for the people having a cock fight about the sales of both games, just wait until NPD or official numbers from sony or ms first. there is a big possibility that they are in fact undertracked

bouzane said:
Gotta love the obligatory "Sony fans suck / are stupid" and "Sony games suck while Xbox games are always awesome, especially compared to Sony games" crap from puggsly.

Yeah, I've learned to laugh at it. Its Pug humor after all.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155139&page=1#

I think God Of War will sell more lifetime because it will have better legs. There is too much negative word of mouth amongst the core fans for Gears of War Judgement so I expect the sales to decline faster.