By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I had a Playstation 3 for 16 hours.

Reaction? (based on responses by various peoples)

Should've at least tried retail games 10 16.67%

I agree with you; i had the same experience 7 11.67%

You seriously downloaded ... 0 0%

TROLL 2 3.33%

When you get a PS3 again,... 6 10.00%

TROLL THREAD 8 13.33%

My download speed is greater than yours 1 1.67%

What a spoiled and rotten kid you are. 6 10.00%

First world problems 2 3.33%

*FACEPALM* 17 28.33%

Total:59

Your slow wireless internet connection is to blame, not the PS3. Owning a PS3 for only 16 hours sounds highly unlikely.

Around the Network
kain_kusanagi said:
Max King of the Wild said:
kain_kusanagi said:
fauzman said:
Sad to see a ps3 didnt wok out for you. I do have to say that a 10 hour download of a 12 GB game sounds very strange. The only time I have noticed my download slowing down is when I am playing games.

You're lucky. I pay for the fasted internet speed available in my area and a 12gb download would probably 3-4 days of constant download time. I do not look forward to a digital only future. UPS is faster than my internet.

How fast is your internet and where do you live? I live in Milwuakee and get the 3mb/s for 25$ a month which is the slowest

I pay 60 a month for DSL and the broadband speed test shows my download speed is 1.24mb/s and my upload speed is.43mb/s

LOL, look at that. I pay $60/month for a grade F+ speed. I'm slower than 84% of the US.

What area do you live? That is bad speed for the price.My mom has DSL and I hate it. It hurts trying to watch youtube clips. No fucking joke it took like 20min to watch a david letterman interview that was 7 min at the lowest quality on youtube here. Also, DSL was about the same price through ATT at like 720kb/s that Timewarner was offering 3mb/s

think-man said:

Perfectly captures the fail of this thread. A lame attempt at an Aprils Fools Day joke.

You guys are lucky. I pay something around 120 dollars for this:

Thank you so much, Brazil!

kain_kusanagi said:
kain_kusanagi said:
fauzman said:
Sad to see a ps3 didnt wok out for you. I do have to say that a 10 hour download of a 12 GB game sounds very strange. The only time I have noticed my download slowing down is when I am playing games.

You're lucky. I pay for the fasted internet speed available in my area and a 12gb download would probably 3-4 days of constant download time. I do not look forward to a digital only future. UPS is faster than my internet.

How fast is your internet and where do you live? I live in Milwuakee and get the 3mb/s for 25$ a month which is the slowest

I pay 60 a month for DSL and the broadband speed test shows my download speed is 1.24mb/s and my upload speed is.43mb/s

LOL, look at that. I pay $60/month for a grade F+ speed. I'm slower than 84% of the US.

What area do you live? That is bad speed for the price.My mom has DSL and I hate it. It hurts trying to watch youtube clips. No fucking joke it took like 20min to watch a david letterman interview that was 7 min at the lowest quality on youtube here. Also, DSL was about the same price through ATT at like 720kb/s that Timewarner was offering 3mb/s

Rural Eastern Oregon. I'm lucky to have DSL. When I bought my 360 I had just switched over from dialup. There's no competing companies and the distance they have to lay the line doens't help either.

But the country is nicer than the city. That is 4 sho.

Around the Network
pezus said:
kain_kusanagi said:
kain_kusanagi said:
fauzman said:

What the fuck??

OT: My PS3 maxes out my connection (6 Mb/s), just as my PC does. You know this might've been possible to fix in the internet options, right?

Nope thats the speed of the data line not the settings. It sucks and I have no other broadband choices.

JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah the load times are ridiculous on the PS3. It is beyond annoying. I actually avoid plugging my PS3 into the internet most of the time because of the hours and hours of wait time just to play a game. Good thing I mostly play storyline games on my PS3. Anyways it still does have good games regardless of it's OS issues and it's updating and download times.  You should of started out with MGS4 or Uncharted.

You either have shitty internet speeds or are lying. I have the slowest speed (3mb/s) my provider provides and waited 100sec for GoWA updated.

No im not lying.  My xbox takes like 5 - 10m max for an update while my WiiU and PS3 takes l;ike 1 - 3 hours.  This is actually pretty well known issues.  It doesnt stop the PS3 from having great games.  It's alright for consoles to have cons dont you know?

1-3 hours for an update? Man i live in Italy that's like the "third world" for internet speed but this is just... ehm... stramge? I have a 10mb/s(pretty good for our standards) and the last NFS: Most Wanted patch(more than 2gb) took me no more than 30 minutes.

To be fair, the BF3 patches are ridiculous on any platform.

Magnus86 said:
JayWood2010 said:
JayWood2010 said:

Yeah the load times are ridiculous on the PS3. It is beyond annoying. I actually avoid plugging my PS3 into the internet most of the time because of the hours and hours of wait time just to play a game. Good thing I mostly play storyline games on my PS3. Anyways it still does have good games regardless of it's OS issues and it's updating and download times.  You should of started out with MGS4 or Uncharted.

You either have shitty internet speeds or are lying. I have the slowest speed (3mb/s) my provider provides and waited 100sec for GoWA updated.

No im not lying.  My xbox takes like 5 - 10m max for an update while my WiiU and PS3 takes l;ike 1 - 3 hours.  This is actually pretty well known issues.  It doesnt stop the PS3 from having great games.  It's alright for consoles to have cons dont you know?

1-3 hours for an update? Man i live in Italy that's like the "third world" for internet speed but this is just... ehm... stramge? I have a 10mb/s(pretty good for our standards) and the last NFS: Most Wanted patch(more than 2gb) took me no more than 30 minutes.

My internet isn't the greatest.  My download speed is 2.78mbps and my upload is 0.65mbps.   

Wright said:
pokoko said:
Well, damn. Now that you've said that, I can't enjoy my PS3 at all.

Well, I can hug you. And then we can play some Portal 2 in co-op. And perhaps you'll enjoy it again like the very first day! =D

I could use a hug.  Could we do that high five thing with the robots in Portal 2?

Still, I kind of want to return my PS3 now, just like the OP.  Sure, I've had it for three years, and have enjoyed it enormously, but knowing that someone, anywhere in the world, had a troubled download experience breaks my heart.  This never, ever happens with other devices, so we should all band together in protest.