By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I had a Playstation 3 for 16 hours.

Reaction? (based on responses by various peoples)

Should've at least tried retail games 10 16.67%

I agree with you; i had the same experience 7 11.67%

You seriously downloaded ... 0 0%

TROLL 2 3.33%

When you get a PS3 again,... 6 10.00%

TROLL THREAD 8 13.33%

My download speed is greater than yours 1 1.67%

What a spoiled and rotten kid you are. 6 10.00%

First world problems 2 3.33%

*FACEPALM* 17 28.33%

Total:59
M.U.G.E.N said:

Some crazy internet speeds here 0_o at my sisters at the moment and got this

Will check again when I get home tomorrow

I'm Jelous -_-

Around the Network

haha don't be jealous guys..that's at my sisters. I will ask my roommate and see what I have at my home.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

The struggle ;(

M.U.G.E.N said:

You can partially blame speedboost (pumps up benchmarks with a faster download for first 30 secs-2minutes, something like that. If they pay for a bigger cable package though, it probably comes with higher tier internet. Comcast has been gradually upgrading their bandwidth though. I think I used to get 20ishmbps and I've heard of as high as 100+ with their packages...

wfz said:
1) Buy a console and no retail games.
2) Purchase arguably the largest digital download game that exists on the platform
3) Download takes forever because the game is HUGE and your internet is slow
4) Rage
5) Blame the PS3 and return it despite the fact that it had done nothing wrong

so much thisss

Around the Network

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2611998640.png[/IMG][/URL]
Edit: did not work says DL 24.33mb/s  UL1.42 mb/s and faster then 63%US.
I pay 15$ a month and I consider my internet pretty bad... SSFAE 18gb my PS3 estimated 5 hours so I estimated 7 hours with install. It ended up taking about 9 hours and I was so angry lol.

Marucha said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

You can partially blame speedboost (pumps up benchmarks with a faster download for first 30 secs-2minutes, something like that. If they pay for a bigger cable package though, it probably comes with higher tier internet. Comcast has been gradually upgrading their bandwidth though. I think I used to get 20ishmbps and I've heard of as high as 100+ with their packages...

yeah they most probably just pay a good chunk for that connection. Both are computer scientists/engineers and they work from home time to time also 

lol now I'm curious about what I have at my place hahaha don't really have any issues with downloads tho...iirc I even downloaded SSF4 in a few hours 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Mine right now:

Poor kid.

The other night I started the download of Dead Space 3 demo, went to sleep, woke up and it was still downloading, went to classes, came back, still downloading, had something to eat, did some homework and then sat in front of the TV and played to my heart's content.

And not a single time I whined.

I find this story very weird... 1st why would you go for BF3? Are them the games you are into cuz clearly you didn't like QC, if that is the case and you owned a 360 you was already at home 2nd why not check the connection saying it took along time to set up is weird... No console takes a long time to set up...Unless you adding the PSN set up which is with any console so you used a 1 year sub of PSPlus with so many games to pick from for free... 3rd I'm feeling you are very young just by the way you act plus asking your dad, getting like that cuz it didn't go perfectly the way you wanted and rushing it back to the store when it had no problem sounds like you should of got a Wii U just saying and again... BF3? It's not bad or anything but its like crazy big in data I'm sure it was your net that's a lot to download for anyone and Why No retail games...? Didn't it come with god of war or something...? Who buys a console with NO GAMES...? I mean com'on >.>  ever heard "patience is a virtue" it would apply here from the story you gave.

TechXIII: Listen To Our Story.