By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I had a Playstation 3 for 16 hours.

Reaction? (based on responses by various peoples)

Should've at least tried retail games 10 16.67%

I agree with you; i had the same experience 7 11.67%

You seriously downloaded ... 0 0%

TROLL 2 3.33%

When you get a PS3 again,... 6 10.00%

TROLL THREAD 8 13.33%

My download speed is greater than yours 1 1.67%

What a spoiled and rotten kid you are. 6 10.00%

First world problems 2 3.33%

*FACEPALM* 17 28.33%

Total:59

I had a 360 for 1 year and have a gaming PC, the PS3 is just as fast as those, with steam being the best, don't see any difference between 360 and ps3 in load times at all, if it is it is slight, and laughable you would get rid of a console over such nonsense.

Around the Network

@jaywood - im on my phone and quoting youisnt working for some reason but ive been meaning to respond. Your family is stealing your bandwidth. I dont have that issue anymore. However at my moms i cant even stream netflix when a person is also connected. Very annoying. I can keep my ps3oon for entire day for an update if my sister, mom and i are on the internet

hinch said:
SvennoJ said:

Does it help with anything? I get 40mbps, but some Steam games go all the way down to 64kbps, wtf.
It all depends where the data comes from.

Pointless anyway with a 80gb cap, I can download at that speed for 4.5 hours a month before I go over.

Everything runs really fast on my connection (bar PS3) with no download limit. They only throttle your speed for using too much bandwidth on p2p services.

But thats wierd.. there might be something up with your settings. Steam downloads at max speed for me when not under heavy load.

It's the smaller indie games that slow down that much. Big game releases reach over 10mbps more consistently. But yeah thanks to that cap I have to spread out downloading summer sales games. PS3 (wired) goes as fast as the 360, both slow compared to Steam in a good mood though.

Just to clarify to everyone, this really did happen..... unfortunately. This is not a troll thread.

luisvideogames said:
Just to clarify to everyone, this really did happen..... unfortunately. This is not a troll thread.

Says a lot about the OP, lol.

Around the Network

hey OP, why not download a huge game on your other systems and trade those in because it takes a long time too?

Conversely, heres my story.

I bought a WiiU, with my own money, and 3 games with it, ZombieU, the Most Wanted and the mario game it was bundled with, as i already have most wanted on pc i played that a bit and its better than the ps3/360 versions but the framerate makes me go back to the pc version, zombieu was okay but i still end up playing left4dead2 on my pc most of the time - the premise was good and the gameoverall decent but lots about it were poorly executed, the mario game.. well.. lets just say im glad i didnt pay for it.

It has been collecting dust on my shelf waiting for a new game to be released thats worth buying, no multiplats because theyre better on my other systems, i hope nintendo hurrys its ass up because i'm half tempted to draw a forever alone face on the wiiu main console in permanent marker.

luisvideogames said:

just because it really did happen doesnt mean this isn't a troll thread. the premise of the entire concept of only obtaining a ps3 for 16hours before returning it because you tried downloading a huge game with huge patches is incredibly asinine.

what was your psn id?

Even the retail battlefied 3 sometimes takes half a day to update on PS3. But you know, I should really be more PATIENT in life, and try exclusives when you're buying a second system. What you did is just plain dumb and short-sighted.

theprof00 said:
what was your psn id?

It was either luisvideogames or LUISVIDEOGAMES