By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I had a Playstation 3 for 16 hours.

Reaction? (based on responses by various peoples)

Should've at least tried retail games 10 16.67%

I agree with you; i had the same experience 7 11.67%

You seriously downloaded ... 0 0%

TROLL 2 3.33%

When you get a PS3 again,... 6 10.00%

TROLL THREAD 8 13.33%

My download speed is greater than yours 1 1.67%

What a spoiled and rotten kid you are. 6 10.00%

First world problems 2 3.33%

*FACEPALM* 17 28.33%

Total:59

yep Battlefield 3 dlc are all ginormous

Around the Network

Wow you sound really spoiled, you haven't even spent a whole day with it and your crying about it. First world problems I guess

Downloading stuff for the PS3 on PSN is slow as molasses and takes forever. That's one thing I hated about the PS3. Why is it so slow compared to the 360/Wii? That was on my old fiber optic connection as well! Then after you finally download something you have to install it as well...

I'm not sure why my upload is testing so slow. (I guess I should stop my downloads before testing...)

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2612641077.png

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

So much for buying games physically nowadays...?

Unless you've a wired connection and speeds like mine, stick to optical. Even with my speeds things take about 15 mins to download, not including installation time.

Aj_habfan said:
"I would've probably kept the Wii U"

Or returned it the next day after you saw the immediate updates required.

just tells me you have no plan. every wii u soncole has the update installed since january.

Around the Network

Wow get over yourself, you sound like such a whiny brat.

I don't know why on earth you thought it would be a good idea to download a 12gb 1 hour trial....
You get a PS3 as a secondary console for it's exclusives. Perhaps if you actually tried some of the good games that are exclusive to the system you would have seen what the console actually is all about. If I were you i'd get that PS3 back and play Uncharted, MGS, Heavy Rain, infamous, gran turismo etc.

It's like reading a book and not liking the first page so returning it.

People are asking why he didn't buy the game for his 360, but he states in his OP that it was a 1 hour free trial. Why should he pay for the game for his 360 if he could get a free trial on PSN?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

hinch said:
Barozi said:

Still waiting for that shitty contract to run out so I can get 100Mbit.

Here's mine :>

Too bad it doesn't make much of a difference on PSN. Since downloads are still pretty darn slow (hardwired).

Does it help with anything? I get 40mbps, but some Steam games go all the way down to 64kbps, wtf.
It all depends where the data comes from.

Pointless anyway with a 80gb cap, I can download at that speed for 4.5 hours a month before I go over.

Sony must have a 'do you prefer the xbox 360 or wii' detector built into the PS3 that drastically reduces the download speed if you do, and lets it go as fast as you can download if you don't.

my 360 and PS3 both download at more or less the same speed, give or take a minute either way for large (3gb+) demos, depending on network stability for either system, sometimes the 360 downloads a little faster, sometimes the PS3 downloads a little faster, the only real tangible advantage of the 360 is that an install isnt required once the games downloaded.

Either people are straight up lying or have absolutely terrible routing to internet backbones.

SvennoJ said:

Does it help with anything? I get 40mbps, but some Steam games go all the way down to 64kbps, wtf.
It all depends where the data comes from.

Pointless anyway with a 80gb cap, I can download at that speed for 4.5 hours a month before I go over.

Everything runs really fast on my connection (bar PS3) with no download limit. They only throttle your speed for using too much bandwidth on p2p services.

But thats wierd.. there might be something up with your settings. Steam downloads at max speed for me when not under heavy load.