By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - with all the money nintendo is making.........

Well if nintendo were to stop wasting money trying to end world hunger then maybe we'd get better Third party games. Man why is nintendo so selfish?

Official member of the Sonic Support Squad!

Bet with OriGin: Within 1 year Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be ahead of Mario Kart Wii (when aligning the one whole year from each region). 2 week ban from Vgchartz for the loser. Edit: Darn! Looks like OriGin will win.

Around the Network

Well first you have to define your definition of a AAA game. In most cases the AAA games of the year have been FPS which the Wii is not focused on. In most cases, the FPS genre is one that is dominated more by a clever rehashing of old standards with updated graphics, something that wouldn't work on the Wii. The Wii would require a larger overhaul of mechanics and controls to make a real AAA shooter. As to your complaint about GH3 being a dirty port, then they all are. They're the same game with different graphical prowess, the Wii obviously being less powerful than its two main competitors. Assassin's creed would not have built the hype it had had it not been for the stunning graphics and the "next-gen" experience that people wanted. There isn't a real place for that, instead we have different interesting games like Zack and Wiki as well as No More Heroes. And I'm all for it. Instead of rehashing Goldeneye over and over again, lets get some new games.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

You never know maybe they are doing just that. They haven't announced much for the second half of this year. I just hope they are reinvesting the money into making even better products. Nintendo isn't as big as Sony or Microsoft despite their profits. Making a mistake and backing the wrong party could lead to ruin for the company as gaming is all they have.

The 3rd parties will make the AAA titles for the wii eventually so Nintendo wants to save the money. Any developer that doesn't start taking the Wii seriously is going to be in big trouble soon.

Better yet, they should just buy 3rd parties with all that money, not just their games.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
Better yet, they should just buy 3rd parties with all that money, not just their games.

The question is, Would Nintendo get Rare'd if the did that

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Why doesn't nintendo buy 3rd parties?

that's like asking a dairy farmer why he doesn't buy milk from the supermarket.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Nintendo should be dishing out money to third party developers. After a few good third party games sell big, then other third party developers will start making better games to get some of that profit.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

third party don´t make games in Wii because they don´t want

Nintendo's not buying third-party games because they don't have to. For the market they've tapped does not care who makes the game, only that it entertains them. There is no brand loyalty, no series loyalty with these new gamers. They are new to the scene in every sense of the word, and anything is fair game. And thus, Nintendo can get away with having mostly their own games on their platform, in a way that they never could with the GameCube or N64. The new gamers have no idea that they might be missing out on anything, and a lot of them wouldn't even care if you told them.

In short, Nintendo does what's best for Nintendo. It's always been that way, and it's always let them survive even when the market's been against them. It's not so great for third-party developers, but it sure does guarantee that Nintendo will be rolling in money.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.