By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - with all the money nintendo is making.........

Edited by stof to eliminate the giant wall'o text. 

With all the money nintendo is making, shouldn't they pay third parties to develop some exclusive games for the wii? Because the wii is not getting enought third party support.

I know that a lot of people are thinking that third parties will eventually come in late 08 and early 09 but the wii is always getting a inferior version of a multiplatform third party games.  This is the case of call of duty 3 and guitar hero 3(which by the way outsold the ps3 version which have dlc).  I'm not being pessimist but it's just annoying that while the ps360 gets games like Soulcalibur IV the wii gets a cheap spin off like Soulcalibur Legends.

Also I have heard from a lot of people that third parties games don't sell on the wii but wouldn’t it be that the wii has yet to see a real AAA third party exclusive? Most of the third party games are spin offs, ports or crappy games. Exceptions include zack and wiki and no more heroes but they are both new franchises and they have not being advertised enough so its not the Wii's fault that they dont sell well. Apart from Red Steel(which some do not consider it to be a good game) I haven't seen a third party exclusive game that have been advertise so it can sell well.

Ps:I not being pessimist towards the wii i just want to know if nintendo should do something like buying exclusives so the wii can get quality third party support.

Around the Network

It would be a good idea on nintendos part, but I've recently realized that nintendo is a company that only likes to take certain chances if it means much more money, and since there main source of money is casual gamers, then they probably won't spend to much getting third party games for the hardcore gamers.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

I don't think nintendo is the type of company to do that. It's more Microsoft's thing

It's a nintendo thing, but it's 10 times more a microsoft thing.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

dam this thread is so good i dont now why a lot of people arent replying

Around the Network

>dam this thread is so good i dont now why a lot of people arent replying

the reason why people don't reply?

Nintendo fanboys don't because it would silently agree that Wii lacks third party AAA games.

non-Nintendo Fanboys don't because then they'd get flamed for anything they say, because frankly, anything they say would be viewed as flamebait.

In short, Nintendo doesn't do that, they've never done it. As for third-party's view, why would they? Why spend 10 million dollars on an AAA games when a game that cost 1 million could probably sell almost as much? Where's the incentive for that?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

Thax i like your answer.

Nintendo does what makes the most money for them... Nintendo would only do that if it made business sense to them(Like getting RE on the GC)

Nintendo knew they needed older gamers so they paid capcom to bring a huge title(s) to the GC. They will do it for the Wii, just wait... (crosses fingers nintendo is writing a check to Capcom for RE5)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

If Nintendo starts doing that then Sony and Microsoft will start doing it and things would get messy

Nintendo should just make more games. For the last year it wouldn't have made any difference whatsoever if their had been better third party support, it wouldn't have helped sell more Wii's. I heard recently that Nintendo has moved some support from the DS over to the Wii. Maybe Nintendo is spending money on making more great games themselves.