By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo could buy Epic games serveral times over with just the cash they have lying around.....

Love all the backseat Nintendo drivers, but last time i checked Nintendo crushed last-gen. Now, the 3ds is destroying the vita, even worse than ds beat psp. And Sony (which is basically bankrupt) & microsoft (which consistently plays me-too & never originates anything new -they didn't even develop kinect themselves) are going to somehow demolish nintendo once they finally release these "next-gen" systems. Man, don't hold your breath, cause you'll turn blue & keel over. Epic is backing themselves into a corner, cause if ps4/720 fail, then epic is going to be banking on the mobile market. I wish them the best with that 1.

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
TheJimbo1234 said:
Why do you people think that Nintendo is some animate object? Newsflash, it isn't a person. It doesn't have feelings. It doesn't get hurt by things like this. Anyway, the guy laughed as we all know the power of the WiiU and the power needed for Unreal 4 - the question was stupid. It was the same as asking if a Prius could win the F1.

That's not the case at all.  You really need to stop posting about things you think you know about.  Unreal Engine 4 is coming to mobile devices.  It's supposed to be a scalable engine.  The reason for not putting it on the Wii U is obviously something different.

I've been over this with another person on a different thread and you need to go do some homework before being condescending. Arguably, mobile phones are already superior to the WiiU due to having faster clocking cpus and dx 10.1 enabled gpus.

So no, there is obviously nothing else going on bar tin hats and people not realising what you get in you £450 phones.

MDMAlliance said:

I believe that quote came after he made the comment, but I cannot be too sure.

However it is very likely that they're just making excuses because I don't know what UE3 has that MT Frameworks doesn't that makes it so difficult to make at least the version the phones use to put the UE3 on it.  You're bringing up the programmable shaders, but I'll just come right out and say I have no idea what that means or how that seriously impacts the capability of making an engine work on a piece of hardware.  Especially since the 3DS is such a big system now (sales wise), I don't know why the resources wont be worth using since it really can't be that much of a big deal.

I'm pretty sure there's no technical reason that can't be overcome by enough economic incentives.

MT Frameworks is probably a skewed comparison, as it's an internal engine that Capcom could tailor exactly around their games and expand strictly along their requirements. Whereas UE tries to have a broader appeal and thus has to offer a more ductile feature set. For what we know, the MT Framework mobile used in 3DS might be an almost integral rewrite and does not even try to offer the same features - as a general purpose engine- of its bigger sibling.

i would not read too much into it: Epic come from the PC and they tend to stick to standard, general solutions. They might be wrong in their business choices when it comes to something like the 3DS that requires a dirtier, peculiar approach. But it's probably more about their experience and company culture than about any irrational resentment against Nintendo.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

BuckStud said:
pezus said:
How is that relevant?
Makes you wonder why they don't just buy some 3rd party games. Why should he be afraid of the money Nintendo have?

I didn't say that Mark should be afraid of the money Nintendo has. The point is that you don't burn bridges in business. When people say things publicly like Mark did it can have an adverse effect on the company he's talking about. Nintendo is a very wealthy and still powerful company. Mark should play nice with them. I've owned my own business for 8 years now, regardless of how I feel about something, I don't burn bridges.

Oh so your business was as successful as Epic Games?  lol

Software makes hardware and Epic does perfectly fine without nintendo.  It is nintendo's fault for not helping developers and publishers out.  They chose week hardware so here is there repercussions.  Blame nintendo, not Epic.  Epic is one of the biggest developers and publishers in the business right now and all this talk aboutt nintendo buying them well guess who could buy nintendo?  MICROSOFT!  Does that change a thing?  nope.  

Talal said:
It's Nintendo who's the one that burned that bridge. They are too stubborn for their own good.

This

and this thread is hilarious :D 

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
maxnyc said:

Love all the backseat Nintendo drivers, but last time i checked Nintendo crushed last-gen. Now, the 3ds is destroying the vita, even worse than ds beat psp. And Sony (which is basically bankrupt) & microsoft (which consistently plays me-too & never originates anything new -they didn't even develop kinect themselves) are going to somehow demolish nintendo once they finally release these "next-gen" systems. Man, don't hold your breath, cause you'll turn blue & keel over. Epic is backing themselves into a corner, cause if ps4/720 fail, then epic is going to be banking on the mobile market. I wish them the best with that 1.

If 25 million difference (and shrinking) is "crushing" then what's 130 million difference?

All the butthurt on both sides here, the tension on this forum is ridiculous right now :/

pezus said:
How is that relevant?
Makes you wonder why they don't just buy some 3rd party games. Why should he be afraid of the money Nintendo have?

Because they could rush in with a hostile takeover. Fire everyone with prejudice, but not before taking legal steps to make sure that they can never make an engine similar to unreal again, and then completely horde unreal away from all third parties, and watch them twist in the wind like the visionless, talentless hacks they are.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

And Microsoft has enough cash lying around to buy Nintendo. What is the point?

How about using all that cash to actually make a console that is on par or more powerful than PS4/720? Perhaps then all the fans would be happier and 3rd parties could bring their new engines on to the platform. Why don't they do that with all their cash?