By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - Greek football player banned for life for Nazi salute.

Is a life ban for Nazi salute, too harsh?

Yes. Political correctness is to blame. 114 54.55%

No. He deserved the life ban. 47 22.49%

No. He got away lightly. 14 6.70%

Do not care. 32 15.31%

Total:207

Don't you mean soccer?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Rab said:

Greek youth are becoming more right wing as their financial crisis continues, they gather around the banner of the Golden Dawn (Nazi's) which have won some seats in parliament, Greeks are quite anti-foreigner, and anti-minority (They don't offically recognise other races in Greece), it's quite a racist country, more so than any other EU country, although their are some in Greece trying hard to control these influences

What that man did wasn't an accident

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite1_1_06/03/2013_486010

Eh.  Greece has a huge racism problem, but more then any other country feels like an exageration

What with Poland, Bolgaria and such.

Now what are you trying to suggest here?

I think the penalty is deserved. I think you really have to be retarded to believe a 20-yo European wouldn't know what this gesture means. It's a pity that such a cool Roman sign was turned into something representing such evil.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
Kasz216 said:
Rab said:

Greek youth are becoming more right wing as their financial crisis continues, they gather around the banner of the Golden Dawn (Nazi's) which have won some seats in parliament, Greeks are quite anti-foreigner, and anti-minority (They don't offically recognise other races in Greece), it's quite a racist country, more so than any other EU country, although their are some in Greece trying hard to control these influences

Eh.  Greece has a huge racism problem, but more then any other country feels like an exageration

I think the penalty is deserved. I think you really have to be retarded to believe a 20-yo European wouldn't know what this gesture means. It's a pity that such a cool Roman sign was turned into something representing such evil.

That Poland is quite racist.

As for a 20 year old europeon... hell, even a 20 year old american would DEFINITLY know what that was. 

I mean, America loves WW2.  The history channel used to be nothing but WW2 because WW2 was the history americans liked most because WW2 is one of the biggest points in US history... espeically from the "Great country" narrative since the Nazis were essentially as far "universally evil" as you are ever going to get.

For fuck's sake, get it together. This is old news.
Katidis has been suspended until the end of the season from his team AEK.
On the other hand, he has been banned for life from the Greek national team.
He also went yesterday to apologize to the Congress, wearing a funny shirt of a kitten in between a woman's naked legs.

If you want news about Greece or about Greek sports, just ask me

Kasz216 said:
Scisca said:
Kasz216 said:
Rab said:

That Poland is quite racist.

As for a 20 year old europeon... hell, even a 20 year old american would DEFINITLY know what that was. 

I mean, America loves WW2.  The history channel used to be nothing but WW2 because WW2 was the history americans liked most because WW2 is one of the biggest points in US history... espeically from the "Great country" narrative since the Nazis were essentially as far "universally evil" as you are ever going to get.

And you base that on?

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

He also apologized on twitter saying that he hates fascism and that he is not a racist.
Perhaps his ban can be lift, but who knows.

And Greece doesn't have a racism problem, it's more of an immigration problem.
In no way do I, or many people I know, support Golden Dawn and their nazi politican views. They just beat up and kill immigrants. The only reason they exist is because stupid 18 years olds and old people voted them.
Many people don't like the immigrants because they're illegal there, take all the jobs (Gas stations and supermarkets).

Slimebeast said:
I love Greece. A wonderful country and culture.

And we love you, random poster.

Good for him.

Ex Graphics Whore.

ThatGreekGuy said:
And Greece doesn't have a racism problem, it's more of an immigration problem.
In no way do I, or many people I know, support Golden Dawn and their nazi politican views. They just beat up and kill immigrants. The only reason they exist is because stupid 18 years olds and old people voted them.
Many people don't like the immigrants because they're illegal there, take all the jobs (Gas stations and supermarkets).

The right wingers explictly said if someone sees a dark skinned person walking in the streets to call them and they will solve the "problem". The right wingers are the mirror of Greek frustration and they are omnipresnt in today's Greek society. An olympic athlete was banned for life from the Olympics because she had a very insulting remark towards Africans.