By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that don't have online that SHOULD have online

@ Soriku: you'll be able to do online Link vs. Link in Brawl

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Ratchet and Clank. The engine could clearly support it (based on RFOM) and the online for PS2 was actually fun. Pity - but at least the SP was great fun. I guess they're saving the online goodness for RFROM 2.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Frozenfuryblade said:
Metroid Prime 3. The game was so perfect...Too bad I haven't picked it up since I finished the game.

I've read that MP3 is a 20+ hour FPS (haven't got to play it yet) compared to other FPS which has online play lasts an average of 5-6 hours at best. So the question would be if MP3 was online would it have shorten the single player? I heard the new Socom has dropped the single player game all together to focus on online play.

Sunset Riders FTW!! Seriously it sucked playing one player and dying all the time, such an awesome game experience should be shared. Classic Ninja Turtles, tracking for any platformer for high scores how many times you played through and unlockables gotten, and Metroid Prime 3 battle mode online.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

off topic: Got enough nintendo handhelds there MaxwellGT??

on topic: Crash bandicoot, Blasto (was a damn fun game!), basically every good PS1 game, No one lives forever for PS2 (damn fun game).

Around the Network

Tales of (online co-op) In fact if ToS:KoR does have co-op, I'd be willing to play it with you =D.

Fire Emblem.

supermario128 said:
How would Mario platformers be online? Mini games?

Not all games should have online. Games that are mostly single player and don't lend themselves well to online play should not force it. Mario and Zelda games don't translate well into online because ithey aren't designed for it. Mario games are just platformers and that works best when you are working alone. Zelda games are about puzzle solving, and even the boss fights rely more on figuring out how to kill the boss rather than just killing them. Combat is very much secondary.

Development resources are not infinite. Tacking on online for the sake of saying it has it will hurt a game more than help it. Perfect the game and if it lends itself well to online then include it. Forcing it will just reduce the quality of the best part of the game.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

SamuelRSmith said:
All games that don't have online, should have online.
All games that don't have offline, should have offline.

I think f-zero, starfox and pikmin would benefit.

PSN ID: Sol_Protege     Wii:154209933064989