By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft keeping developers quite about future PS4 titles? (metal Gear/Battlefield)

havent read any of the thread, but as far as i know the frostbite engine is not ported to the ii u yet. so thats why bf4 isnt going to the wii u. not sure about the other game

Around the Network
teigaga said:
maximrace said:
GribbleGrunger said:
J_Allard said:
Uh.. no? What would MS stand to gain from this? Any supposed momentum gained by PS4 getting some multiplatform titles could be erased with a phenomenal Nextbox showing.

But what would that 'phenomenal' showing consist of? Advanced controller free gaming? (Sony's got that covered). Incredible online infrastructure? (Sony's got that covered). Cloud gaming? (Sony's got that covered). Exclusive titles? (Sony's got that covered). In fact Sony have so many avenues covered that it is almost impossible for MS to announce anything of significance. It is now rumoured that the reveal has been delayed for a month, so perhaps MS are changing a few specs, but that's not going to make that much difference. The PS4 is rumoured to be slightly for powerful, but as thousands of MS fans have constantly pointed out, the differences are negligible ... So I'm assuming if MS DO make their console a little more powerful, they'll continue to have that view ...

Currently Sony have: Kinect (covered), Wii (covered), Wiiu (covered), 720 (covered), Cloud gaming (covered). I think the OP makes a very good point and it's certainly worth considering. If MS don't do something soon then they're dead outside of America and the UK (and even in these territories they are not going to get the advantages they had last gen: Earlier, cheaper, better online, possitive press as apposed to PS3 negative press.

Lol kinect 2 will be beter, the next xbl will have more features, we haven't seen anything of their cloud gaming service and exclusives are a personal taste. Please try harder

Please try not to be a fan boy.  J_allard has made good points regarding the fact that sony has already covered all the ground. I think tehy're unlikely to surprise us with anything seeing as the PS4 rumours pretty much all turned out to be true. THe one place thet may shine will be exclusives, but Sony is already got quite a line up and more will be announced at E3. Who ever went on to make the 2nd announcent will have a harder time impressing, this is undeniable.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Until MS show how they do things you really have no clue if what Sony is doing is better.  Ticking off a list isn't the same as commanding those features.  Actually I would say that was how the old Sony operated.  Believing that the could do anything without respecting their competition.

As to making an impression being second, it's actually easier when your competition gives you so much time to counter their features. What's interesting is that a lot of fanboys act as if Sony created the ceiling but in my opinion Sony hasn't done anything which isn't easily beaten.  The key will be how forward thinking each company was during their planning stage and how well they execute that stragety.

do not get me wrong, I believe Sony has made a lot of smart moves but the limit does not begin and end with Sony does.

VGKing said:
There's definitely something like that going on. Battlefield 4 is obviously a Ps4 title yet they haven't officially confirmed it, and the title isn't even available for pre-order yet.

Or maybe DICE isn't confident they'll get these next-gen versions up and running in time for release so they're holding back any announcements? Who knows.

This could always be the case. What about Metal Gear Solid, is that just Kojima being weird? We all know the ps3/360 can't push out those graphics.

fifa isnt really a good argument for europe vs america lol...  were not really soccer fans here.  so of course fifa does better in europe.  much like nhl probably does better in canada.

NYCrysis said:

I always wondered if xbox gamers care about gaming? In the gaming world SONY has been the only one to take risks with new ip's

Sorry, I was going to answer, but then I threw up in my mouth a little. What was the question again?

Around the Network

some people thinks that MS doesn´t play fair, but I think they would not go this far.

Facts? Who needs facts? It's all about what you feel, right? Yeah ...

noname2200 said:
NYCrysis said:

I always wondered if xbox gamers care about gaming? In the gaming world SONY has been the only one to take risks with new ip's

Sorry, I was going to answer, but then I threw up in my mouth a little. What was the question again?

I re read it and bad wording on my part. I meant between MS Ninty and Sony Sony brought out the most new ip's this generation. Also didn't quantic dreams, media molecule, and a couple of other developers say that sony was really the only one who supported their ideas? W/Out sony we wouldn't have games like heavy rain, little big planet, and a few others i might have forgotten. Also nintendo does things right as well. The 3ds is the best portable gaming device on the market, and the wii u has some very innovating features and Nintendo has the best established franchises with pokemon, mario, zelda, and metroid. It's just that ms is taking the nintendo, sony players who are falling for bs gimmicks that MS is brainwashing people and especially kids with. Kinect has little to no good software, xbox has little to no new aa, aaa core ip's since what alan wake? 

ea speaker confirms battlefield for ps4.

http://www.play3.de/2013/03/28/battlefield-4-ea-sprecher-bestatigt-umsetzung-fur-die-playstation-4/

NeilStrauss said:
some people thinks that MS doesn´t play fair, but I think they would not go this far.

Its not unfair at all, merely a case of working with developers to have strategically timed announcements for promotional purposes. Nothing more... I don't no why people are looking at it like some insane conspiracy.