By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision shows off next gen Call Of Duty engine

isn't that the nvidia tech demo guy just with different lighting? wtf? (that frozen food blablub was also in the nvidia demo)

Around the Network

Looks nice. Won't apply to CoD though.

Can't wait for some next gen CoD MP :drool

LiquorandGunFun said:
seems like activision is taking bf4 seriously, cause now its like look at me i can look good too!

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Battlefield. Every major developer who is developing for next gen has to make a new engine for the new consoles and Activision has to do the same as well. It's a natural progression. They have just been waiting until the arrival of next-gen to splash out all that cash and build something new.

NeilStrauss said:
They should use the FOX ENGINE, that thing is amazing. I guess americans are too sttuborn to use a japanese engine...

fox engine isnt an open source engine given to devs.  much like you dont see the uncharted engine out there

tres said:
NeilStrauss said:
They should use the FOX ENGINE, that thing is amazing. I guess americans are too sttuborn to use a japanese engine...

fox engine isnt an open source engine given to devs.  much like you dont see the uncharted engine out there

Kojima said it is for sale, much like the Unreal or the Cry thingy

Around the Network

I wonder what the CoD haters will cry about when the graphics of CoD become good, I'm sure they will find something to complain about.

pezus said:
crissindahouse said:

isn't that the nvidia tech demo guy just with different lighting? wtf? (that frozen food blablub was also in the nvidia demo)

It's based on the same capture, but using a different rendering technique (Activision's own).

OT: Where did you see they would use this for CoD?

Link in OP.

Looks scary. Is the next Call of Duty going to be a horror game?

This is Nvidia demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EanO_hXr_g8

Acti saw Frostbite 3 and now they are showing someones demo... They have nothing, next gen CoD will be on old engine.

NeilStrauss said:
tres said:
NeilStrauss said:

Kojima said it is for sale, much like the Unreal or the Cry thingy

oh did he nice... thats where the money is lol