By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Just out of pure curiousity: Do "japanese" figure include all asian sales?

I was kinda wondering that one myself. Thanks for starting the thread Rukusa, and thanks for answering it, Fishy.

Around the Network

Do Mexican sales figure in NA sales?

^ i think they do, and canada too

Mexico is not part of north america though..

I think its OTHERS as well.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Mexico would be in NA...

Mexico is in North America you know...

I also believe any sales in the Carribean area are counted in NA, but they make up a tiny % of total, prob less that .5%

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network
SamuelRSmith said:
Well, IMO it should be:

UK
Others

But, that's probably not very logical. One would think that once the rest of Asia becomes a more established market, that it will be bundled in, and grouped with, Japan.

That's insanity. It is obvious it should be; -TWRoOs house -Other Yorkshire -Other

zackblue said:
Mexico is not part of north america though..

I think its OTHERS as well.

Why do so many people from the US not know geography? In truth all of what is called central America is classed as North America... that's everything North of Panama. There are 15 countries in North America, 10 on the mainland and 5 in the Carribean. There may actually be more as I am not sure whether the islands East of Puerto Rico are classed as N.A or S.A

Edit: See below.

Actually, the question about Mexico is a real question.

Since the "North American" sales get normed to NPD of US and Canada, one does wonder where Mexican, Carribbean, and Central American sales are included.

Also, I am guessing that South American sales are included in others and not in America. Video gaming has been big in Brazil (from Digiplay to Tec-Toy) and there are several countries from the continent listed on global topics of "Everybody Votes" on the Wii.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

"Yeah, Im kinda curious about this since I dont know what kind of numbers we have on the system in places like India, Taiwan, Korea, Thailand Etc"

The only East Asian countries where current gen consoles (namely 360 & PS3) have been officially released so far is Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan.

None have been launched in Thailand yet, but PSP and obviously PS2 have. I'm not sure if DS has been officially released here or not, but it's widely available, as everything else is, but they all get counted for the country they were imported from (generally Hong Kong, although I think the 360s are imported from Korea, and a small percentage of Wiis are imported from US).

For Sony India and the Middle East come under SCEE, not SCEAsia. I don't know about Microsoft, but sales aren't very big in either, so it's not a big deal.

All these should come under Others:Other.