By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Both Dragon Age 3 and Next Mass Effect to use Frostbite 3 - Neither coming to WiiU?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Around the Network

sounds about right, aparently EA are currently developing 15 games on Frostbite so I doubt many of their upcoming games will be coming to Wii U unless they decide to port the engine over soon.

Que a dozen posts about how shit EA is and how people never wanted to play their games anyway. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

as long as the art style is awesome, I think that engine will do. BF4 looks looks not so next gen.

EA won't likely support the WiiU. They had problems with Nintendo.

Does that mean real-time environmental damage for mass effect and Dragon age? I CANNOT WAIT!

Around the Network

Well Dragon Age is scheduled for this year, so we should be able to see something of it soon

As others have said, EA has problems with Nintendo, mostly over Origin implementation for DLC. I wouldn't expect much EA support for Wii U other than things like Madden and FIFA

pezus said:
Heavenly_King said:
as long as the art style is awesome, I think that engine will do. BF4 looks looks not so next gen.

O.O. Son!

All of that can be done with this gen hardware.  Not as impressive, but it can be done.  Look MGSV, did you see the trailer of Mother Base going to hell? It looked way more impressive than BF4 destruction.

Even if those games used other engine, they wouldn't come to Wii U.

I apologize in advance for my bad english.

Yep, both games will probably skip WiiU.

On another note, I hope in a couple of years someone explains what the hell happened between EA and Nintendo, which went from best pals to almost mortal enemies. Origin can't be the only explanation.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If most of the high profile games skip the Wii U entirely, we will be looking at a gamecube 2.0, but less appealing to the curious shopper because of the gamepad. I don't think Nintendo can manage to make Wii U a success on its own this time. There's no buzz like there was with the Wii to attract new gamers. This thing is simply not gaining popularity at all.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies