By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I want No More Heroes, but not the US release because of rating

Stillwell said:
Are you insane!?

*Looks at your signature*

Oh, you sorta are.

Hey don't knock people for their religion. Or even for their non-religion it doesn't matter.

Anyways No More Heroes is a game built around stylized gore and course language. It doesn't hold me back from playing it but if it does concern you keep in mind that violence is violence and just because you don't see red graphic blood to flesh out the action sticking a sword through some one is still the same. As such I am not sure this game though would be the same without it and may be best for you to skip it. It would be analagous to watching Pulp Fiction or a Scorsese film film with all the curse words bleeped out and the blood gone just wouldn't be the same.

Around the Network
elgefe02 said:

As far as I am understand, coul be wrong, the last firmware update disable the use of the freeloader.

A previous update stopped the Gamecube Freeloader from working with Gamecube games. This understandably scared a great many people from getting one for Wii games. Can anyone confirm if a Freeloader specifically for Wii games exists?

Stop throwing random jabs at the poor guys conviction. If we ever argue about religion, then I'll be he first to denounce his views as insane, but that stuff isn't really relevant here. 

I personally am of the opinion that sex and violence are two things that are only bad because of their constant misuse, but when used properly can be highly enjoyable activities.
In the case of No More Heroes, at least from what I've seen so far, these items come across more satirical in nature.

It does sorta bug me that even though it was designed parallel, that it wasn't simply an optional component, let the people have the blood who want it, and take it out if they don't. It's more of a stylistic issue.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Parokki said:
elgefe02 said:

As far as I am understand, coul be wrong, the last firmware update disable the use of the freeloader.

A previous update stopped the Gamecube Freeloader from working with Gamecube games. This understandably scared a great many people from getting one for Wii games. Can anyone confirm if a Freeloader specifically for Wii games exists?

Stop throwing random jabs at the poor guys conviction. If we ever argue about religion, then I'll be he first to denounce his views as insane, but that stuff isn't really relevant here.

I know of non-religious people who doesn't care for profanity in entertainment. It's odd that Hollywood as well as developers knows this hurt their sales yet determine to do it anyways. With today tech it's not hard to have the option to turn off gore and profanity in games (including movies) which would please everyone.

You can´t play europe games with american wii

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

It does sorta bug me that even though it was designed parallel, that it wasn't simply an optional component, let the people have the blood who want it, and take it out if they don't. It's more of a stylistic issue.

An optional setting would give all versions the more restrictive rating.

I appreciate all the responses here. I guess I will not be getting this game. Oh well, Brawl will be here soon and I will forget about this game all together. Not interested in modding or illegal software either, and if there is sexual crap in this game then I would not want it even without the language and gore. Thanks everyone, until next time.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com