By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - is ps3 actually selling better than 360?

considering the variables, is ps3 more successful than 360?

Numbers are Numbers, 360 is doing better. 134 19.12%

Considering the variables... 512 73.04%

These Variables shouldn'... 26 3.71%

Other, please specify! 29 4.14%

Total:701
Chark said:
I didn't think this was still a question. PS3 has been selling better than 360 for practically the entire generation. It has just been catching up because the 360 was the first console to release. 360 sold really well in the US and it seems until recently been unopposed by PS3 popularity. 360 still dominates the holidays because of the US market size but that might change after next gen consoles release. PS3 also has an amazing set of games releasing this year while the 360 is pretty bare. PS3 lifetime sales will pass 360 this year and remain so until they are discontinued.

actually the 360 in no way dominated last holiday. it shipped 5.9 million units, while ps2/ps3 shipped 6.8 million. in 2011 Q4 ps2 shipped 500K units. do you really think that this year ps2 managed to double its shipments in the last quarter? no way. ps3 clearly outshipped the 360 last holiday quarter. and its backed up by jack tretton saying that the ps3 is around 77 million about a month back. if the site sales were right, now way would they have been at 77 million sales. 

Around the Network

Really depends what country you are in. Here (UK) and US belong to 360. Most other countries are generally PS3. Its nice for things to be mixed up a bit. Can't remember such a split by region since the mega drive/SNES/PC engine days.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Flame bait... I feel.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Good sir, I've never seen any user on VGChartz with those ideas you've just proposed. I'm not sure why no one has thought of this before. Thank you for informing us of this new news. I salute you.

I bought 2 and both broke so count me for 2 sales plus I'm gonna buy another one soon. I don't have the time to deal with the warranty in all honesty, and I doubt I am the only one.

Around the Network
tonymarraffa said:
Carl2291 said:
The 360 is more successful.

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.
Increase in sales and marketshare over last generation.

THIS!

+1

Carl2291 said:

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.

The "sold more" part is highly dubious, at best. The PS3 will almost certainly out-sell the 360, if it hasn't already.. It's almost always sold better during the period where both wera available. Baffling that this is a point of contention. And the massive failure rate of 360's for the first 28 or so months does not equalize with the tiny PS3 failure rate because of the MS warrenty. The problem persisted for what? 18-20 months before it was addressed with a warranty? Everybody I know who has a 360, bought multiple units. Everybody. One friend bought NINE of them. I had mine for 10 months before I sold it, and had no RROD, for the record.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

TimCliveroller said:
Flame bait... I feel.

+1 to this too...

COKTOE said:
Carl2291 said:

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.

The "sold more" part is highly dubious, at best. The PS3 will almost certainly out-sell the 360, if it hasn't already.. It's almost always sold better during the period where both wera available. Baffling that this is a point of contention. And the massive failure rate of 360's for the first 28 or so months does not equalize with the tiny PS3 failure rate because of the MS warrenty. The problem persisted for what? 18-20 months before it was addressed with a warranty? Everybody I know who has a 360, bought multiple units. Everybody. One friend bought NINE of them. I had mine for 10 months before I sold it, and had no RROD, for the record.

What part of "sold" did you miss when you reply with a "will"?
Also, I do not believe your friend bought 9 Xbox without using the warranty... Sorry but you are going too far with this story :)

And if your friend bought 9 Xbox because he is REALLY using 9 Xbox them (like for his kids or family etc), where is the problem? A sale is a sale... Why should we ignore these consoles... It is like ignoring the PS3 bought only as Bluray players... Bluray players or not; Sony sold them...

So yep, "Sold more" :)

Imaginedvl said:
COKTOE said:
Carl2291 said:

Sold more.
Made more money.
Sold more software.

What part of "sold" did you miss when you reply with a "will"?
Also, I do not believe your friend bought 9 Xbox without using the warranty... Sorry but you are going too far with this story :)

And if your friend bought 9 Xbox because he is REALLY using 9 Xbox them (like for his kids or family etc), where is the problem? A sale is a sale... Why should we ignore these consoles... It is like ignoring the PS3 bought only as Bluray players... Bluray players or not; Sony sold them...

So yep, "Sold more" :)

that's not the same at all!  Buying something cause you have software and it breaks vs. buying something for a feature the competition doesn't have at all?  Don't see how you draw that comparison.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers