By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Tomb Raider (2013) > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 1

KingHades said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mensrea said:
Haven't played it, but Uncharted 3>Uncharted 2?

False. Uncharted 2 is twice the game 3 is.

I'd say no.  Uncharted 2 had more of a wow factor hence the awards and reviews but to me 3 had a better story then 2.  Havent got to play tomb raider yet but if it has a great (not good) story and has good shooting mechanics (Uncharted lacks in) then yes i would say it is better.  

Ehh Uncahrted 3 having a better story? Uncharted 3 has the worst story of the bunch. Uncharted 2 has a better story,better graphics WAY BETTER multiplayer and better pacing.

CGI Quality already explained the graphics part to you.  As far as 2 vs 3 goes story wise that is all based off of your opinion.

I'll wait until i play Tomb Raider before I say anything but it does look amazing XD

Around the Network
KingHades said:
JayWood2010 said:
Mensrea said:
Haven't played it, but Uncharted 3>Uncharted 2?

False. Uncharted 2 is twice the game 3 is.

I'd say no.  Uncharted 2 had more of a wow factor hence the awards and reviews but to me 3 had a better story then 2.  Havent got to play tomb raider yet but if it has a great (not good) story and has good shooting mechanics (Uncharted lacks in) then yes i would say it is better.  

Ehh Uncahrted 3 having a better story? Uncharted 3 has the worst story of the bunch. Uncharted 2 has a better story,better graphics WAY BETTER multiplayer and better pacing.

I'll have to agree with this. I haven't played Tomb Raider, but the whole portrayal of Lara as a cold-blooded killer (Predator, Rambo come to mind) with all the gory and gruesome kills really puts me off and takes me out of anything they seem to be trying to accomplish with her characterization and the narrative. 

For me:

Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 2 >>> Uncharted: Golden Abyss > Uncharted: Drake's Fortune> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tomb raider reboot.

SvennoJ said:
JoeTheBro said:
And heavy rain is better than Lemmings. Tomb Raider is a cimpletely different game. These comparisons only exist because Tomb Raider fans are upset Uncharted was inspired by their series.

Hmm I used to be a tomb raider fan but haven't played this one yet because it's trying to be more like Uncharted. I haven't played the new TR yet because tombs and puzzles are no longer the main focus. Tomb raider should be a completely different game, the fact that people compare it to Uncharted proves my point that it's not a tomb raider game.

Uncharted is the male tomb raider and now tomb raider is uncharted.  These two can live beside each other as they are both excellent series but dont forget what is what.  They both have influenced each other in a way, not one primarily over the other.

Tomb Raider (9.5/10) >>>>>>>>> Uncharted 2 (8.5/10) >>>>>>>>> Uncharted 3 (7.5/10) >/= Uncharted 1 (7.5/10).

Tomb Raider is absolutely brilliant, so much better than even the best Uncharted game. Tomb Raider felt like a proper adventure with a great story and brilliant gameplay + depth. It's also beautiful and has an excellent OST. I love Tomb Raider, I had no hype for the game and when my brother brought it home I gave it a chance and just adored it, haven't even touched the multiplayer.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Tomb Raider (2013) might be the greatest adventure game I ever played.

I believe you. Now you just need to play the Uncharted games for real.

The Uncharted series is the primary reason I bought a PS3. Played through them all, UC3 was my personal favorite.

They are good games, but each game suffers from boring levels and horrible gunplay. There was definitely some slogging when playing the Uncharted series. Tomb Raider on the other hand... is fucking incredible! I really have nothing bad to say about it, its an amazing game.

How can a game with boring levels and horrible gameplay qualify as a good game?

Good point... I don't really have many fond memories of the Uncharted series.

I enjoyed them enough to play though them. That's worth something.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

tontus said:
Tomb Raider (9.5/10) >>>>>>>>> Uncharted 2 (8.5/10) >>>>>>>>> Uncharted 3 (7.5/10) >/= Uncharted 1 (7.5/10).

Tomb Raider is absolutely brilliant, so much better than even the best Uncharted game. Tomb Raider felt like a proper adventure with a great story and brilliant gameplay + depth. It's also beautiful and has an excellent OST. I love Tomb Raider, I had no hype for the game and when my brother brought it home I gave it a chance and just adored it, haven't even touched the multiplayer.

Why would you it's a rip-off of Uncharted except it's terrible.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

CGI-Quality said:

Uncharted 2 has better graphics? No! Hardly anyone, if anyone, would say that. Uncharted 3's character models, lighting, and textures were all ahead. The only advantage to Uncharted 2 was the [better] use of AA, but that's virtually it. The rest I'd debate, although I agree about multi-player and disagree on story. Uncharted 3's story was personal, which I prefer.

Technically, perhaps Uncharted 3 was superior, I can't really say. But as whole, the visuals of Uncharted 2 were more pleasing to the eye, imo. For example, the coloring in Uncharted 2 had more "pop" and variety than in Uncharted 3.

Haven't played but if it's like Uncharted with Batman backtracking with new gadgets it'll be a blast. I'll pick it up BF unless there's a crazy Plus deal between now and then.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Jay520 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Tomb Raider (2013) might be the greatest adventure game I ever played.

I believe you. Now you just need to play the Uncharted games for real.

The Uncharted series is the primary reason I bought a PS3. Played through them all, UC3 was my personal favorite.

They are good games, but each game suffers from boring levels and horrible gunplay. There was definitely some slogging when playing the Uncharted series. Tomb Raider on the other hand... is fucking incredible! I really have nothing bad to say about it, its an amazing game.

How can a game with boring levels and horrible gameplay qualify as a good game?

Good graphics maybe?

Joking aside, maybe he enjoyed the set-pieces / cinematic expirience. I'm not a fan of Uncharted's gameplay, specifically UC1 & 3, but I was amazed with the set-pieces. However, the Uncharted games aren't types of games I would replay over and over because of its linearity and scripted events. Good for one playthrough, but that's it for me.

Haven't played Tomb Raider yet, but I'm going to rent it because I feel it'll be like Uncharted in terms of replay value for me.