By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People still waiting in lines for Wii

DMeisterJ said:
^ I don't know who will win this generation. I believe that the Wii is selling out, because the mainstream sees it as a hot buy, and I've yet to be able to go in a store and see it on shelves, and I wonder if sales will drop then... I don't doubt that the Wii will likely win, but I'd like to make an informed decision as to how much it will win by, etc.

That's your opinion, and it's beyond silly. I don't know a single person who was like, "man, what's this Wii thing? I hear everyone is buying one," and proceed to want to buy one. Everyone I know who got a Wii -- everyone -- has gotten it because they played games on it and loved the games or a game exists for it that they want to play. All of the people who I've seen want one who weren't already gamers would ask "what is this and how much does it cost" with the full intention of buying it immediately. Most of the time when they find out that it can't be gotten easily, they just give up and don't bother trying. Perhaps they'll remember what it was in the future when they see it on shelves, perhaps not. They're not really serious about getting into gaming, they just enjoyed the experience of playing Wii Sports and Guitar Hero or whatever and would have bought one if it was available.

More Wiis on the market would lead to more sales. Suggesting that the lack of supply is improving sales is just silly, wishful thinking.

The Wii is a video game machine, not a fasion accessory.  Shortages don't make it sell better.  They just make people who want it frustrated and dejected.  Effectively, the cost of the Wii is higher because of shortages. 

Around the Network

So many people still want the Wii that they can't meet demand.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

wow just to think that it is still happening is weird.

Fuzzmosis said:
A friend of mine works at Toys R Us electronics, and visiting him there are signs saying "We do not have the Wii in stock" on:
The front Door
The inner Door
Both magnetic security systems
On the PS3 Kiosk
On an Employee's back
Beside the shelf with the Wii games

And probably other places. I found it greatly amusing.

Is  that true? It just seems  way too funny to be true...

Wii Number: 6834 4776 2070 3061

Cute, aren't they? More in my profile (I made them, lol)

its been 14 months an theres still lines for wii, wow

Around the Network

not surprising at all....

wii's are very appealing to a wide variety of age groups!!

According to my friend in a town half an hour away there were five people waiting outside of the Gamestop before it opened. He was driving by so there's no way of knowing what they were waiting for, but I'd assume most likely it was the Wii.