By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People still waiting in lines for Wii

I don't know what for. It's not like Nintendo is going to ship them.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

were they waiting in line,or camping but either way that is still pretty neet i cont beleive its still so popular i now know the true power of wii sports

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think people will be camping out this christmas too, amaybe the one after that if things keep going the way they are!

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Wii is still, somewhat, hard to get. Nintendo is still probably filling rain-checks.

I can't say that I have seen camping as I have seen many stores having Wii's but I can see them selling out quite fast

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

It is a shame that Nintendo can't meet demand. I think this was discussed on here a week or two ago, but yeah, it's been close to sixteen months of release for the system and you can't find the Wii in stores. Do they not know the countless millions (maybe billions) of dollars wasted by not meeting demand. The less consoles available to buy = Less consoles sold = lost revenue (in Ninty's case, profit). If they could simply meet demand, we'd already know who the winner of this generation would be, but since it's still in short supply, we don't know how much it could really sell per week. Pity. As I do want to play SSBB, and if I saw a Wii at a store, I would have the impulse to pick it up, but I'm not going to call five or ten stores every day, or camp out or any of that, not for a system that's been out for over a year.

Around the Network

Nintendo still cannot meet demand. I was pretty sure everyone knew this. Prices are still above retail on eBay, No Wii's in stock anywhere I go, etc. I do not think it will let up anytime soon either. With WiiFit, SSBB, Mario Kart all releasing this year, there may only be a couple weeks in which the Wii is readily available.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

DMeisterJ said:
 If they could simply meet demand, we'd already know who the winner of this generation would be

u still doubt wii will win this generation?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

^ I don't know who will win this generation. I believe that the Wii is selling out, because the mainstream sees it as a hot buy, and I've yet to be able to go in a store and see it on shelves, and I wonder if sales will drop then... I don't doubt that the Wii will likely win, but I'd like to make an informed decision as to how much it will win by, etc.

A friend of mine works at Toys R Us electronics, and visiting him there are signs saying "We do not have the Wii in stock" on:
The front Door
The inner Door
Both magnetic security systems
On the PS3 Kiosk
On an Employee's back
Beside the shelf with the Wii games

And probably other places. I found it greatly amusing.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

DMeisterJ said:
^ I don't know who will win this generation. I believe that the Wii is selling out, because the mainstream sees it as a hot buy, and I've yet to be able to go in a store and see it on shelves, and I wonder if sales will drop then... I don't doubt that the Wii will likely win, but I'd like to make an informed decision as to how much it will win by, etc.

I would have to disagree based on personal experience, and actually argue that Nintendo was right about the Wii playing is believing, as i've been able to convince many to buy the Wii merely by letting them play it, not because its a hot product, but because its a fun product that almost everyone enjoys

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)