By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - People still waiting in lines for Wii

Saturday night I was strolling through the local Meijers and there was a lot of people camped out near the video game section, thinking a new game was comming out that night I asked what they were waiting for. They responded, the Wii.

Wow.

Around the Network

Lies, all lies!

This is my old account; I made it an "evil" account for fun
Everyone has a dark side...

hmmm, quite interesting.
I still remember when I bought my Wii, strolled into my store about 1pm on the day the wii launched, and just bought the Wii, their was no line, I had no pre-order and as far as I could tell they fully stocked. I was honestly surprised to have actually got one on launch day with out any worries in the world.

well lines are usual for a gaming device

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It's all just a big conspiracy! The fad is dying... I can feel it!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

the cake is a lie! people should buy the superior console, the ps triple!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

this wii business is getting out of hand

I'd expect low sales until SSBB comes out...I think Nintendo is stockpiling for the launch, and it would sure as hell make sense.

It's insane to think how many units this console would sell if they made enough...

Well to be fair there are less consoles do to some shipments ment to reach January by boat arrived by air in december.

So there is less Wii's then there should be. Of course that doesn't mean people still wouldn't be waiting. We'll see how it is after Februrary once everyone has covered their personal IOU's to their kids.

Very well likely still may be sold out but who knows.

Meijer is one of the few chains that still retains a full Rain Check policy. That means if they are out of stock of an advertised item you can obtain a Rain Check, and they will inform you when the item in question arrives at the store. Not only that but they will honor the price, and also any other special additional offers attached. Thus it is highly likely that this is what you were seeing. At least last time I checked Meijer still had the policy in place.

I don't doubt your story, but I doubt that it was spontaneous. A number of those people probably got a call to come redeem their Rain Checks, and they might have brought some friends with them. I don't really think of Meijer as line forming country. A Best Buy perhaps, or a Gamestop, but not a Meijer.