By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last of Us - Pax Gameplay (off-screen)

Tagged games:

Well have some guys a problem with listening mode. You dont need to use it if you dont want too. So i cant see a problem here.

Around the Network

If Naughty Dog can do this with PS3, I can't imagine what they will do with PS4.  Next E3 will be epic for Sony fans :)   I would love The Last of Us on PS4 also, they already have HIGH RES ASSETS for the game !

A note from Arne (ND Employee over at Gaf)

WE'RE NOT SURVIVAL HORROR! *kills self*
Seriously we aren't, and if you treat this game as an action game or a survival horror game, rather than let the game teach you the "new" mechanics of this "new" genre, it game will be more difficult in an unsatisfying way. The game will teach you to think about combat differently, hard to do in a 30min+ demo, but that's a lot of what you see with the repeated deaths. The moment I tell someone - dont fall back to genre conventions for gameplay mechnaics, people start being far more successful in combat for this demo.

Listen mode is mapped to a button. Don't use it if you hate it, but it's not a massive advantage. You can't see things from across the map, only if they are making some sound, slows you down, etc. It will be a give and take. But if you hate it, and you want to be all hardcore, don't hit the button. You do have some self control right? :p

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

A note from Arne (ND Employee over at Gaf)

WE'RE NOT SURVIVAL HORROR! *kills self*
Seriously we aren't, and if you treat this game as an action game or a survival horror game, rather than let the game teach you the "new" mechanics of this "new" genre, it game will be more difficult in an unsatisfying way. The game will teach you to think about combat differently, hard to do in a 30min+ demo, but that's a lot of what you see with the repeated deaths. The moment I tell someone - dont fall back to genre conventions for gameplay mechnaics, people start being far more successful in combat for this demo.

Listen mode is mapped to a button. Don't use it if you hate it, but it's not a massive advantage. You can't see things from across the map, only if they are making some sound, slows you down, etc. It will be a give and take. But if you hate it, and you want to be all hardcore, don't hit the button. You do have some self control right? :p

If the option is there it is part of the gameplay. I'm more conerned about having to carry around that girl the whole time, i would rather have a two player co-op where you could take on a;; these enemies with a friend.

AnthonyW86 said:

If the option is there it is part of the gameplay. I'm more conerned about having to carry around that girl the whole time, i would rather have a two player co-op where you could take on a;; these enemies with a friend.

But co-op would destroy the narative and work against the gameplay. Why is an 'option' (something that is optional) a necessary part of gameplay? you can play the game without it. What does that tell you? Call it contentious, but I'm going to believe the developer.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

Every preview of the game that I have read have said that Ellie takes care of herself and won't get in the way of Joel.  She won't mess up a stealth attack and you won't have to worry about her.