By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG fans, why don't you.....

Tagged games:

Do you like Lost Odyssey?

Yes it's the best console JRPG this gen 28 9.49%

Yes, it's one of the better JRPG's 62 21.02%

Kinda, but it doesn't stand out 25 8.47%

It's Average 21 7.12%

Not really 14 4.75%

No, I Hate It 14 4.75%

I didn't play it because it's one 360 86 29.15%

See Results 45 15.25%

Total:295

As far as I'm concerned it was a brilliant RPG. The dreams are so well written that they almost don't belong in a video game. They are literature and while that may mean nothing to the Call of Doody generation it does to me. I freely admit to tearing up once or twice while reading them. Unlike a lot of modern games it didn't feel cranked out. It felt like someone actually put some love into it. I'd definitely buy a sequel if such a thing were possible.

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Gugerface said:
Because Lost Odyssey is insignificant for 360 fans. Wide majority of us prefer western games to anime storybooks.

If lost odysseys sales are an indicator of that then most ps3 gamers don't care for jrpgs either as Lost odyssey is one of the best selling exclusive jrpgs released this gen on ps3 or 360. Another thing I dont get is some people say its weird to play a jrpg on the 360 i just dont get that  good game is a good game it's not like the 360 has a bad controller for jrgs or anything lol. 

nah

Lost Odyssey would've sold better on the PS3 most likely in EVERY region

I would go as far as to say that Lost Odyssey could have broke 2.5 million WorldWide if it was a PS3 exclusive

I don't agree with you. People think of 360 as a FPS only console, but PS3 isn't too far behind in that point. Most PS3 JRPGs sold "badly", Lost Odyssey probably wouldn't be enough to make JRPG sales go up that much.

Well, this game bombed in Japan, even compared to Blue Dragon. It would've reach a million had the same sales there. Also, they butchered the NA/PAL version quite badly. I had to bought mine from Play-Asia. It's region free and has english subs/audio so at the time that was a no brainer.

Best "Final Fantasy" this gen by a landslide and a solid JRPG overall. I can say for sure, it's better than most crap we've been getting latelly from Japan. What's up with the over abundance of Moe/Jailbait loli stuff latelly?

enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Gugerface said:
Because Lost Odyssey is insignificant for 360 fans. Wide majority of us prefer western games to anime storybooks.

If lost odysseys sales are an indicator of that then most ps3 gamers don't care for jrpgs either as Lost odyssey is one of the best selling exclusive jrpgs released this gen on ps3 or 360. Another thing I dont get is some people say its weird to play a jrpg on the 360 i just dont get that  good game is a good game it's not like the 360 has a bad controller for jrgs or anything lol. 

nah

I would go as far as to say that Lost Odyssey could have broke 2.5 million WorldWide if it was a PS3 exclusive

Lol what name me an exclusive jrpgs on the ps3 besides the big name ones that sold better than lost odyssey on 360. Fact is Lost odyssey sold pretty good for a jrpg this gen regardless of platform being exclusively on the ps3 would not have helped it much more. as there are ps3 jrpgs almost as good that havent sold as well, but they are close. Though there are some that have sold more.

It's pretty good currently busy playing Tales of Vesperia once I'm done with that I will probably go back to Lost Odyssey and finish my second play through I'm already on the last disc even though I lost my original save file so its not a new game plus.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Gugerface said:

nah

I don't agree with you. People think of 360 as a FPS only console, but PS3 isn't too far behind in that point. Most PS3 JRPGs sold "badly", Lost Odyssey probably wouldn't be enough to make JRPG sales go up that much.

you dont have to agree

whether you agree or not, Lost Odyssey still would have sold better on PS3...

lurkerwithnosoul said:
Well, this game bombed in Japan, even compared to Blue Dragon. It would've reach a million had the same sales there. Also, they butchered the NA/PAL version quite badly. I had to bought mine from Play-Asia. It's region free and has english subs/audio so at the time that was a no brainer.

Best "Final Fantasy" this gen by a landslide and a solid JRPG overall. I can say for sure, it's better than most crap we've been getting latelly from Japan. What's up with the over abundance of Moe/Jailbait loli stuff latelly?

How exactly did they butcher the NA/PAL version it has Japanese voice acting  it also has English ,Chinese, German, French and Italian voice acting the only other game this generation that comes close to having that many choices when it comes to voice acting is AC 2.

Mad55 said:
enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Gugerface said:

nah

Lol what name me an exclusive jrpgs on the ps3 besides the big name ones that sold better than lost odyssey on 360. Fact is Lost odyssey sold pretty good for a jrpg this gen regardless of platform being exclusively on the ps3 would not have helped it much more. as there are ps3 jrpgs almost as good that havent sold as well, but they are close. Though there are some that have sold more.

nah

PS3 doesn't really have its own "Lost Odyssey". Lost Odyssey would have sold a lot better on PS3 if it was exclusive to it

pretty much all the jrpgs sell better on ps3 when released on both platforms when launched at the same time

they usually even sell better in America on ps3 and thats 360 territory by a landslide

outlawauron said:
Michael-5 said:

ever rant about Lost Odyssey?

IMO, it's the best console JRPG released in the 7th generation. I liked it better then XenoBlade Chronicles, Valkyria Chronicles, and Tales of Vesperia. I think it has the deepest story out of the 3, it's tied for the longest at 60 hours (maybe a bi shorter then Xeno), really interesting backstory with dreams and immortality, and it's made by the creator of Final Fantasy.

2. Already the "because it's on 360" option is dominating, so I'll ask this. Why don't you guys consider buying a 360 Arcade to play Lost Odyssey and other JRPG exclusives on the 360 like Tales of Vesperia, Magna Carta 2, and Infinite Undiscovery? During Black Friday/Boxing Day in Canada and USA I commonly see Arcade 360's for $129.99 and Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia are $20/$30 games now respectively, plus all other JRPG exclusives are about $10.

P.S. Sorry about the type being "one" 360. I can't edit it because it will clear the poll. Shame that that's the response that's most common because I honestly do like it over all other console JRPG's this gen.

Outright lie. I did everything in LO outside of finishing the end game dungeon and I was under 40 hours. I'm also a very slow player.

I absolutely loved it though. Favorite 360 game without question.

You must be very good at JRPG's then it took me almost 100 hours the first time I beat it but I did do a lot of level grinding in the game and for a game with radom enemy encounters at times its a bit too random.

enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
enditall727 said:
Mad55 said:
Gugerface said:

nah

nah

PS3 doesn't really have its own "Lost Odyssey". Lost Odyssey would have sold a lot better on PS3 if it was exclusive to it

pretty much all the jrpgs sell better on ps3 when released on both platforms when launched at the same time

they usually even sell better in America on ps3 and thats 360 territory by a landslide

Thats true, but considering alot of the the new rpgs ips relased exclusively on 360 sold better than the new ones on ps3 imma have to say that its in no way absolute that it would have sold better on ps3.