By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - inFAMOUS: Second Son is a PS4 launch title

ShadowSoldier said:
Wait what?....Sony is going ALL IN!...Killzone 4, infamous 3 and possibly FFXV all at launch? Damn

Where did you get that from?

@Topic

I really hope driveclub will be a launch. Every selfrespecting Console manufacturer should have a racing game at launch

Around the Network
asqarkabab said:
cool
but One question i never played the first two on ps3 are they worth playin before i buy a ps4 at launch ?

yes and you can get them in the collection along with Festival of Blood for about $20 on ebay I bet.  Great games that'll give you 50+ hours if you go through both ways and collect everything in each of them.  I put this franchise up there with Uncharted this gen.  Very underrated imo.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

NoCtiS_NoX said:
It's really obvious that this will be a launch title. It was shown on the PS4 reveal.

Launch titles
Knack
Killzone
inFamous
Watch dogs

watch dogs and knack were confirmed as launch tittles?

AndrewWK said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Wait what?....Sony is going ALL IN!...Killzone 4, infamous 3 and possibly FFXV all at launch? Damn

@Topic

I really hope driveclub will be a launch. Every selfrespecting Console manufacturer should have a racing game at launch

also a shooter and an adventure/Platformer

I think the 360 had a good launch with Perfect Dark(Shooter), Kameo(Adventure/Platformer) and Project Gotham Racing(Racer) along with the other launch titles

I just hope Sony can get Drive Club(Racer) and Knack(Adventure/Platformer) out for launch. I would rather have Resistance 4 as a shooter to start with at launch over Killzone but whatever on that. I guess inFamous could fill that spot in if Killzone doesn't.

we also have to worry about that stupid ass rumor about GT6 releasing this holiday season on PS3. It would take all attention away from Drive Club if true

CGI-Quality said:
9087 said:
CGI-Quality said:
9087 said:

Sonys end of fiscal 2013 is really March 2014..... so thats when it'll probably be released.

Q4 2013 = March 2014

That's by March 2014. Q4 2013 can be anywhere from Oct till then. As I said, I expect a Feb release at the latest.

... which means it wont be a launch title. 

it'll be a Launch WINDOW title.

Does it really need that kind of specifying? Right now, all they call it a LAUNCH title. Unless something changes, that's what it is.

ofcourse it needs specifying. People shouldnt be given false hope that it will be a launch title. 

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
AndrewWK said:
ShadowSoldier said:

@Topic

and a shooter and an adventure/Platformer

I think the 360 had a good launch with Perfect Dark(Shooter), Kameo(Adventure/Platformer) and Project Gotham Racing(Racer) along with the other launch titles

I just hope Sony can get Drive Club(Racer) and Knack(Adventure/Platformer) out for launch. I would rateher have Resistance 4 as a shooter to start with at launch than Killzone but whatever on that. I guess inFamous could fill that spot in if Killzone doesn't.

we also have to worry about that stupid as rumour about GT6 releasing this holiday saeson on PS3. It would take all attention away from Drive Club if true

I seriously doubt we will ever see a Resistance game again. Maybe they´ll reboot it in a few years, but sequel is really doubtfull. Even tough Resistance 3 was a really good game.

All I know is if all this is to be true for launch I am going to be dropping way to much cash in a single day. But boy what a day!!

Girthquake said:
All I know is if all this is to be true for launch I am going to be dropping way to much cash in a single day. But boy what a day!!

Yep and its just every 5-7 years

CGI-Quality said:
9087 said:
CGI-Quality said:
9087 said:
CGI-Quality said:

That's by March 2014. Q4 2013 can be anywhere from Oct till then. As I said, I expect a Feb release at the latest.

... which means it wont be a launch title. 

it'll be a Launch WINDOW title.

Does it really need that kind of specifying? Right now, all they call it a LAUNCH title. Unless something changes, that's what it is.

ofcourse it needs specifying. People shouldnt be given false hope that it will be a launch title. 

What exactly makes it false? Because you say so? The dev calls it a launch title, therefore that's all there is to go on.

In that same vein, Killzone, Driveclub, WATCH_DOGS, and Knack have all giving off "false hope". Yep, sounds like utter nonsense to me.

YOU yourself admitted it'll probably be a Feb 2014 release at the latest. 

Dev called it a launch title? Big whoop. Devs are wrong on launch dates all the time (look at how many games get delayed). All they know is it's scheduled sometime for the Launch Window. 

Let do a sig bet. InFamous:Second Son will not come out the same day as the PS4.

teigaga said:
Good news, I think they will delay Killzone to Q1 2014. You only need so many exclusives on day 1, especially when 3d party support will be strong. They'd also want to move killzone away from COD and Battlefield 4 (if its coming this year) and maybe to create some breather time between it and the Vita title.

Well they have recently said that they have finished the campaign of KZ, so I don't think it will be delayed, they need a graphical showcase for the system at launch