By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Diablo 3 PS3 Version Trailer

Amazing! Im a massive Diablo fan! cant wait 2 get this! just AMAZING!

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
enditall727 said:

Idk i just looked up "Diablo 3 PC Gameplay HD" on youtube and watched at 720p but it still looks like shit to me..

here is the video i watched in full screen 

Edit: i guess the devs aimed for this game to look like that.. or maybe i'm just trippin

The devs did.
They went for a painted/water colour look for the game, graphically it's not that demanding (I.E. Threw the Direct X 10/11 effects out the window and stuck with only Direct X 9), heck Blizzard in all it's wise Wisdom doesn't even let me run the game at 7680x1440 due to the 2D artwork not being able to scale to such a resolution.
I'm assuming they thought of the consoles while they were releasing the game on PC, because even a 7 year old PC can run it fine. (I.E. Core 2 Duo)

What surprises me though is that they aren't releasing it on the Xbox, maybe it's because of Xbox Live! limiting Blizzards Battle.net and thus the Auction House perhaps? Who knows, the Xbox certainly could run it.

Thanks to the lessons Blizzard learn't during Diablo 3's horrible horrible horrible PC launch, I hope it goes smoothly for you console gamers.

And most importantly, I hope for some cross platform gaming. :P

lol theres no ways you can blame consoles for Blizzard's fuckup with Diablo 3. They made it very clear they wanted to make the game more accessible and casual friendly in general. This included making silly changes to the gameplay as well as the cartoony graphics which looks very similar to WoW, which has done well for them.

Consoles clearly didnt have anything to do with it. Also, i dont see how going for a different style would have meant that it won't come to consoles? Its a top down, action RPG. They have never been graphically demanding games.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:

lol theres no ways you can blame consoles for Blizzard's fuckup with Diablo 3. They made it very clear they wanted to make the game more accessible and casual friendly in general.

Blizzard also made it "very clear" that they were developing a console version of Diablo 3 before it even launched on the PC, that obviously had an impact of lowering the games technical aspects, which is what I was most frustrated at.

Also, for the record, I don't care if it comes to console, I have every single platform to game on anyway, but they could you know... Use that 10 million odd PC sales to actually improve the games graphical fidelity a few notches.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

So, Playstation is getting teh best version of Diablo 3, then.

Pemalite said:
Shinobi-san said:

lol theres no ways you can blame consoles for Blizzard's fuckup with Diablo 3. They made it very clear they wanted to make the game more accessible and casual friendly in general.

Blizzard also made it "very clear" that they were developing a console version of Diablo 3 before it even launched on the PC, that obviously had an impact of lowering the games technical aspects, which is what I was most frustrated at.

Also, for the record, I don't care if it comes to console, I have every single platform to game on anyway, but they could you know... Use that 10 million odd PC sales to actually improve the games graphical fidelity a few notches.

I still don't see the relation between developing a console version and how that effected the games "technical aspects" on the PC.

Its an action RPG what were you expecting? Adding better textures, effects, and graphics options would no effect on a console version as those can all be turned down or removed. I can understand this argument for a game like Crysis 2 & 3. But it just doesnt  haveapply here. Maybe im missing something?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Heavenly_King said:
It is exclusive to PS3 and PS4. I will buy the PS4 version.

odd could have sworn I could get it on PC. That was a joke in case anyone gets but hurt over that comment.  

lol. I was referring console-wise.  Because someone was asking for the 360 version.

I wish this came out nearer to the original date diablo 3 came out on pc. I'm already playing the pc version, so will most likely skip this on consoles.

Bought it on PC a long time ago. Was pretty Meh... Honestly anyone who wants this game should just go pick it up on PC. The graphics arnt amazing (my laptop can run it at maximum settings) so really any modern desktop or laptop should be fine and youll have better graphics and better support to boot than you would have waiting for it to come to PS3.

All in all i dont get what the fuss is about... Honestly any blizzard fan will tell you this was one of their worst games.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

1337 Gamer said:
Bought it on PC a long time ago. Was pretty Meh... Honestly anyone who wants this game should just go pick it up on PC. The graphics arnt amazing (my laptop can run it at maximum settings) so really any modern desktop or laptop should be fine and youll have better graphics and better support to boot than you would have waiting for it to come to PS3.

All in all i dont get what the fuss is about... Honestly any blizzard fan will tell you this was one of their worst games.

Meh, I'm a sucker for these types of games. Loved playing Torchlight on the 360, so I'll probably be picking this up for PS4.

So they have the playable demo running a Pax east and its looking great running smooth and it looks like they have worked out the inventory system quite well, my question is will we get that demo on PSN anytime soon???? im very excited for this game as ive been a Diablo fan since day dot.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector