By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - AMD launches Radeon 7790: Meet the Xbox 720 GPU

meh i dont think this was wise timing for this because it makes me go...meh...., after the volta announcement.
and catalyst was always a headache for me in the past when i used amd radeons.

but for a game console it will be fine im sure. and without a real actual released game console to compare i think its way premature.

Around the Network

honestly why bother so much to calculate all these GPU difference when i believe both PS4 and NeXbox will perform good enough graphics at least for the next few years...

At this point I just think the graphics gap will be like 360 and PS3......not very much

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Misleading title.

Trunkin said:
The new 7790 performs 20-40% better than the 7970? For only $150!? My God! What a steal!

it's just 9 and 7 playing weird games. When Volta GPU arrive they will be put to shame.

Around the Network

I like how AMD is using SLI instead of crossfire in this article...... lol.....

GameAnalyser said:
Trunkin said:
The new 7790 performs 20-40% better than the 7970? For only $150!? My God! What a steal!

it's just 9 and 7 playing weird games. When Volta GPU arrive they will be put to shame.

Won't be available until 2015.

hinch said:
GameAnalyser said:
Trunkin said:

Won't be available until 2015.

Thats pretty optimistic. First comes Maxwell early 2014 then Volta. 2016 would be realistic.  

720 announced?

Good news for me, the synergies and optimizations from developing similar APUs with similar built-in GPUs will allow AMD to offer low power consumption solutions with more than decent performances, my next upgrade will be easier and cheaper (my last one was cheap enough, and low power consumption, but back then the Radeon HD3300, despite being the fastest integrated GPU available, was very basic and low-end compared to almost every GPU for discrete graphics cards).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!