By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Republicans holding us hostage yet again.

How long before it's better to live in Mexico i wonder?

But the Republicans brought about this mess by overspending on two wasteful wars and reducing taxes for all, when the country obviously couldn't cope with it. Never trust a conservative. Now let again, they want to put in harsh austerity measures, they are idiots!

Just look at Europe and you can see austerity hasn't worked, politicians can sort out the economy but they selfishly favour the few bankers out there over the poor majority. We just all do what Iceland did in 2009, let the banks fail and arrest the bastards. They are growing at 3% per year now, while the rest of us are flat lined.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

So ban dodgers dont get bans now and you can call be stupid. good to know

the2real4mafol said:

But the Republicans brought about this mess by overspending on two wasteful wars and reducing taxes for all, when the country obviously couldn't cope with it. Never trust a conservative. Now let again, they want to put in harsh austerity measures, they are idiots!

Just look at Europe and you can see austerity hasn't worked, politicians can sort out the economy but they selfishly favour the few bankers out there over the poor majority. We just all do what Iceland did in 2009, let the banks fail and arrest the bastards. They are growing at 3% per year now, while the rest of us are flat lined.

as little faith I have in the US governement I dont think we will evr be as abd as mxico. I am suprised the world doesnt care more about the mexican people. the cartels and the corrupt government and areas with no to little government are crazy.

Max King of the Wild said:

Actually i just referred the thing to the higher up mods as alt bans are generaly only handled by a few of the higher up mods.  There are a few valid reasons for an alt... assuming it's been approved by some mod or another.

Kasz216 said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Actually i just referred the thing to the higher up mods as alt bans are generaly only handled by a few of the higher up mods.  There are a few valid reasons for an alt... assuming it's been approved by some mod or another.

Oh, ok. Still, you could give him a warning for the insulting language he used not only towards you but the rest of the people in the thread in his first post.

I don't have much to say on the topic itself I'm just following the thread

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
Kasz216 said:
richardhutnik said:
spaceguy said:
richardhutnik said:
BatMaxExposedWorld said:
How about the fact that "leftist" shouldn't even be in a 21st century political vocabulary lol. You shouldn't even be saying that word if you don't know how to use it in the proper context.

Leftist refers to Marx, Castro, Chavez, Mao, Stalin and Lenin. It doesn't apply to american democrats, who you're obviously trying to demonize. Let me guess... you heard it on fox news. Where else would you hear it but right-wing media lol.

You do realize the next Democratic nominee for president is going to be left of Karl Marx.  At least that is how the rhetoric goes.  If Obama is as much left as he is spun to be, the next Democratic nominee for president is going to have to be left of Marx.

LOL obama uses all republican ideas from the 80's. Lol You don't even know who marx is. Obama is a moderate Republican. So what s your proof? NOTHING! FOX news told me to say that.

Do I need to bold part of message that gives context for talking?  See my above reply there and the bolden part, to see, where I come from.  If you don't get it, even when bolded, I may have to stop using sarcasm.

It's worth noting he considers Mr. Khan to be a "moderate republican at best".

So even if he gets where your coming from.... that's no gurantee that reply doesn't fit.

My comment was more of political sarcasm pointed at the spin out of the GOP side, an talk radio propping it up, that Liberal is evil, and to be able to get people to stomach their own candidate, the GOP spin side has to make the other side ever increasingly more and more liberal.  I am so tempted to not go here any longer actually, particularly if people don't get it.

No, i got that.  My point is.. he's so far to one side even knowing the context amy not have mattered.

Which is leading to me to not want to bother.  If people are going to be so blinded by things, not sure what the point is, but to join one political choir or another, because one's own sport's team isn't doing as well.  In all cases, it is a religions experience where you don't get anything except a label to root for, and ability to taunt people who doubted you.  well, at least with religion I am now part of, I got money to help me out of a jam with my car and so on.

the2real4mafol said:

Do you have your own personal army to fire back in the drug war going on down there?

thranx said:
the2real4mafol said:

as little faith I have in the US governement I dont think we will evr be as abd as mxico. I am suprised the world doesnt care more about the mexican people. the cartels and the corrupt government and areas with no to little government are crazy.

So, what exactly is this "government" think you talk about above, that when missing, results in things going real bad.  What exactly is it supposed to do, when you have members of society who overrun others, and subject them to torment and violence, in the name of money?  Is this government thing you speak of suddenly supposed to make the people feel safe and make things work?  I have to ask that, because usually in these political threads government is a evil bully that supposedly exists to make every one suffer, so the less of it, the better.

Blue vs. Red
Black vs. White
Middle Class vs. Working Class
Capitalism vs. Communism
South vs. North

Every single time, it's the same objective. Divide and conquer. You are fighting with your brothers and sisters over constructs designed to tear you apart.

richardhutnik said:
thranx said:
the2real4mafol said:

So, what exactly is this "government" think you talk about above, that when missing, results in things going real bad.  What exactly is it supposed to do, when you have members of society who overrun others, and subject them to torment and violence, in the name of money?  Is this government thing you speak of suddenly supposed to make the people feel safe and make things work?  I have to ask that, because usually in these political threads government is a evil bully that supposedly exists to make every one suffer, so the less of it, the better.

the government exist to pretect the people from each other and from outside threats. beyond that there isnt much need for a government. In mexico its government is not protecting its people from each other. It is failing. In the united states the government is over regulating and trying to run the lives of its citizens(through taxing bad habits (as they see fit) promoting what they think is good for the enviroment, and the people and lineing their pockets). Its has crossed the boundry of protecting its citizens from others into trying to protect its citizens from themselves. I am for a government that fulfills its responisbilty in protecting its citizens, not in trying to dictate the course that they run their lives in or what they belive in. Very big differnece.  I think that the majority of gevernment money should be spent on defence and police, and none of it spent on social welfare. I am not an anarchist.