By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Oldest Game Stuff You Still Have?

My original NES and many games... I have appreciation for all my stuff so I take care of it.

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

I have two working original Gameboys in all their monochrome glory, plus a ton of games for it.

gigantor21 said:
Game and Watch? Magnavox Odyssey? Some real O.G.s in this thread already. XD

@ Link and Nem: Thanks. :)

I'm not nearly old enough to have lived those early generations though. I have memories of the late SNES generation upwards as I'm two weeks shy of 25 now. However, I have played that Odyssey quite a lot in the early nineties, when we had nothing better. Had the coolest game too, a multiplayer shooter game similar to Atari's Combat where you play as a cowboy trying to shoot each other. Awesome really, as the thing was already about fifteen years old back then ! The 2600 is actually hooked up to a tv, the Odyssey is stacked away.

@ the Game & Watch people: Cool, I really want one. Preferably a Zelda Game & Watch, but Donkey Kong will do. Only need one of those and the Virtual Boy to complete my Nintendo hardware collection (of at least one variation per entry anyway). Hard to find an affordable one in good boxed condition though .

What I've owned the longest: Turqouise GBC with pokemon Yellow.

Oldest thing I own: NES

I LOVE ICELAND!

Original Atari 2600 my father bought for my older sisters.  Yar's Revenge, Super Breakout, Defender, Missile Command, Pitfall, SeaQuest, E.T., Combat (the pack-in), and a bunch of third-party stuff, some of which is unplayable or makes no sense.

Stuff like Bugs--

Though some was pretty good, like Dragonfire--

Or Venture--

I even have this INCREDIBLE game about the band Journey, named Journey Escape.  Seriously, it was awesome.

Around the Network

NES from '87

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

My Atari 2600 (CX2600-A). Also my Intellivison from 1979.

My 1986 NES and my collection of games starting from then. I rarely sell my games when I was younger so I still own everything I bought back then. Here's some pics: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=150565&page=1

Probably Atari 2600 (wood grain version)

I did have an Amstrad 64 (poor mans commadore 64 lol) which had a monochrome green monitor, but my dad gave it away to someone when I went for a holiday all those years ago lol.

Nintendo Game & Watch Mickey Mouse from early 80's - found it again few months ago lying somewhere in the house - and it still works, much to my kids delight.