By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Need for Speed MW U "Graphics seem slightly worse compared to other versions"

curl-6 said:
Otakumegane said:
This review is saying this purely to get clicks.

I say dismiss and move on.

It's worth noting that other reviews cite the graphics as superior to the PS3/360 versions.

I know. Which means this review should be taken as seriously as the Quarter to Three reviews.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
ninjablade said:

i think its the best looking fps for sure and forza horizone is the best looking racer this gen, but i'm not making excuses, i just think sony developers are much better, even third party games looked better then microsoft first party games, until halo 4, forza horizone and gears of war 3, while sony first party made much better looking games early in ps3 life.

You know, I'd love to argue with you because I think PS3 has the best looking games by a mile this gen... but I've not actually seen either Halo 4 or Forza Horizon having previously sold my 360. I'm not too fussed about Halo 4 as I'm not a massive FPS person and never really liked Halo. But Forza Horizon is almost enough to make me rebuy a 360...

Does it seriously look that good?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

The "textures are far less crisp" comment is especially funny since Criterion has stated that the Wii U Version is using the higher res PC textures and I'm pretty sure that Criterion guys know what kind of textures the good ones are.

360:

Wii U:

360:

Wii U:

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

MikeRox said:
ninjablade said:

i think its the best looking fps for sure and forza horizone is the best looking racer this gen, but i'm not making excuses, i just think sony developers are much better, even third party games looked better then microsoft first party games, until halo 4, forza horizone and gears of war 3, while sony first party made much better looking games early in ps3 life.

You know, I'd love to argue with you because I think PS3 has the best looking games by a mile this gen... but I've not actually seen either Halo 4 or Forza Horizon having previously sold my 360. I'm not too fussed about Halo 4 as I'm not a massive FPS person and never really liked Halo. But Forza Horizon is almost enough to make me rebuy a 360...

Halo 4 gameplay graphics = Very nice.

Halo 4 ingame cutscene graphics = HOLY SHIT OMG BEST GRAPHICS EVAR!!!!

Seriously, take a look for yourself. I think it holds up pretty well against TLOU.

pezus said:
I'll wait for DF. I won't believe Criterion were lying. Heck, Eurogamer themselves even wrote an article about the graphics of the WiiU version (based on what Criterion said).

the article was based on what they saw in a demo they played when Criterion approached them with the final game. 

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
ninjablade said:

forza horizone is extremely good looking game, it  jaggie free and has amazing graphics.

What a bunch of crap from another person who is hating on the wiiu versions of a game, and the system in general. I love my wiiu and I know it's got the graphics and goods for me too come for years.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

360 on the bottom and wiiu on top, i know horrible comparison but its something for now, till DF does a proper comparison.

ninjablade said:

pics*

360 on the bottom and wiiu on top, i know horrible comparison but its something for now, till DF does a proper comparison.

Is...is the top one supposed to look better?

I mean just look at the ground. Textures are obviously superior in the WiiU version.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
ninjablade said:

pics*

Is...is the top one supposed to look better?

I mean just look at the ground. Textures are obviously superior in the WiiU version.

crappy comparison pics but my opinion the 360 pic looks better but, i think in the DF comparson, the wiiu version will and have a very slight advantage in graphics, but they will look ver close. here is pics of the pc version max setting at 720p vs the 360 version, this version will look better then wiiu version.