By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holy mother of God. UFC game video

Yeah. There was UFC game on PS2 if i remember right. Some sort of mixed martial arts game in anycase. Actually I think it might of been Pride fighting.

It was fun. Not the most complicated game... or strategy prone game... (I won a tournament my 3 friends and i were in on my first play. They oddly got eliminated before the finals, and have actually played before.)

It was also made by THQ, so i'd expect them to use the same engine.

It basically felt like a wrestling game, with more focus on counters, a ground pounding system and no pins.

Kinda like Fire Pro Wrestling Returns MMA fights.

Around the Network

Looks pretty good. Liddell looked pretty buffed compared to his real self though (with the stomach). It would be nice to have good gameplay with it, too. Where is the crowd?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

If that is in-game it's got some really amazing looking motion capturing. I suppose it is possible, considering it is just two characters on-screen at once.

Very impressive if it is in-game.

ssj12 said:
that is quite impressive.. see what happens when THQ isnt in command of a wrestling game (or am I wrong)

Yes. It flashes the THQ logo at the end

That looks amazing! Too bad it's UFC, and not an interesting wrestling federation...

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

That looks really cool, for a splitsecond it felt like it was real

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

The video does look great, but its pretty old, it was shown at E3.

Aye, looks great. I do hope they do something with the gameplay though. I played the UFC games on the Cube and X Box last gen, and they were practically the same as the one on the DC. Fun enough, but really needs an update.

smbu2000, Chuck actually looked pretty slim in his last fight against Silva. I do agree though, generally he isn't that ripped. I thought it was pretty funny seeing him try a triangle in that vid though. I haven't saw all of his fights, but the only time I've saw him do anything grappling-wise was when he choked a guy in a very early fight, and in the second Tito fight it looked like he was considering a kneebar for like half a second.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Finally muscles that actually flex and move... looks amazing!!!