By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumour: Final Fantasy XIII Versus will be a PS4 exclusive, budget will be 120m+

chidori-chan2 said:
The game should be released for new Xbox and PS4 as well because not only Square will upset their fans but they also aren't going to make as much money off the game because not everyone has going buy PS4.

Xbox?  I say it should go to WiiU!  Especially since in Japan XBox is basically non-existant.  Either way, if this is true, I seriously doubt FFXIII Versus will really stay exclusive.  Tetsuya Nomura may want it to stay exclusive to Sony, but with a budget that high... there's no way it's going to stay a PS4 exclusive.

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
They did a great job in portraying Waka as your typical religious fanataic with his opinion on things that end up discriminating things and people around him. I like the way he was forced to a path where one by one his religious conceptions where shattered as he moved forward and started to see how his views where harming the people he loves and came to love.  Just to receive the final blow when he discovered the true nature of his religion.

There is a feeling of expectancy throughout the whole game as you kind of wonder: "What will happen when Waka finds out that...". XD

Who's Spoony?

He is a internet reviewer, talks about FF in a very harsh manner...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRp6cS-4S_k

If that budget were true then they better change the name because the game will lose them millions.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
An idiotic rumour.

^This.

Or they've replaced the water at SE HQ with PCP.

Haven't cared about the Final Fantasy series for a long time. It went to $H1T a long time ago. Probably will end up with both systems. But, I will not be buying this game. The franchise should really be killed off...

Around the Network
Jozu said:
If that budget were true then they better change the name because the game will lose them millions.

Yeah, if that rumor is true then that just sound like the latest of bad decisions that the Square branch of Square-Enix has been making.  It seems to me they've lost all their true talent and have started concentrating on making pretty visuals instead of truly great games, hence Hironobu Sakaguchi being at Mistwaker and Tetsuya Takahashi at Monolith Soft.

If the FFXIII VS rumor is indeed true, I think Tetsuya Nomura's days at Square could be numbered; he'll have to consider crossplatforming his future output if he expects to stay, because games with such overbloated budgets that are exclusives does not sound like a smart idea.  At all.

JTurner82 said:
Jozu said:

Yeah, if that rumor is true then that just sound like the latest of bad decisions that the Square branch of Square-Enix has been making.  It seems to me they've lost all their true talent and have started concentrating on making pretty visuals instead of truly great games, hence Hironobu Sakaguchi being at Mistwaker and Tetsuya Takahashi at Monolith Soft.

If the FFXIII VS rumor is indeed true, I think Tetsuya Nomura's days at Square could be numbered; he'll have to consider crossplatforming his future output if he expects to stay, because games with such overbloated budgets that are exclusives does not sound like a smart idea.  At all.

no point cross platforming when most of it's sales come from 1 system

Mnementh said:
LOL, I would think a 120M budget is hard to recover even for a FF on PS3 and X360 with >70M install base each. But exclusively to PS4 it will not sell enough to break even, not to talk about profit.
If that rumor is true, that would mean SquareEnix is begging for insolvency. Or that Falcom is buying them. Hmm, SquareFalcomEnix.

OR.....
Sony paid a lot of money to get it exclusively to PS4. At this budget we talk about a really big moneyhat. At least 50M, but 80M seems more likely regarding the loss in sales on a new platform. But that would mean Sony is begging for bankrupty...

OR...
We assume for a moment that both companies aren't completely out of their mind and this rumor is probably untrue. Which seems to be the best explanation.

Sony paid for it to be a PS3 exclusive, It will be made for PS4 because SE couldn't release it on time for PS3.  They won't put more money on this because of SE incompetence.

I have the impression SE wanted to make this game multiplatform, but they are in debt with Sony now.

Also the person who posted this Rumour on neogaf did not explain if the 120M budget is for the whole project (Originally intended PS3 game + PS4 convertion) or for the PS4 version alone.

JTurner82 said:
Jozu said:

Lol, he's the reason why Squaresoft died. Bankrupted the company with Final Fantasy: The Spirit Within.

I wouldn't mind but I'd bet it still comes to PS3. This game will be multiplatform in one from or another.