By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii U external hard drive required to download Lego City Undercover, Nintendo says

i have no problem with them going the extra HDD route and them not using propitiatory HDD unlike the 360 is awesome. However, they should have at least stick a 250gb in the WIIU. 8-32gb is a joke and it wouldn't even cost that much.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
22GB?

If it takes 11 hours to download and 1.5 hours to install the 6.5gb DQX beta, this would take almost 2 days.

seriously? what the hell kind of server is hosting that beta? O_O; and 1.5hours to install 6 GB? are you running the internal NAND or on an external HDD?

pezus said:
Kaizar said:
VGKing said:
That tiny HDD is already biting Nintendo in the ass.

I know........I mean can you imagine people being force to pay up to $25 for a 500 GB external Hard Drive.

If you can't tell I'm showing how you are full of BS, because even a 250 GB external Hard Drive wouldn't cost more then $15.

Is that so? Can you link me to the HDDs that are that cheap (external)?

would this count? lol >.>;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maxtor-Personal-Storage-3200-500GB-External-USB-7200-RPM-U01H500-Hard-Drive-/151013593050?pt=US_External_Hard_Disk_Drives&hash=item23291c8fda

Spedfrom said:
Wii U supports MicroSD cards right? How big in capacity are they these days? And couldn't I use one of them instead of a HDD to install games/apps/etc? How much would the cost of a bigger capacity MicroSD card be when compared to a 500gb HDD?

You can't use the SD card slot for Wii U, that's for Wii BC.

BTW, cheap or not, cop out or not, who the hell doesn't have an external USB Storage device these days? Not to mention the first thing I did when I got my PS3 Slim was change the HDD immediately from a 120GB to a 500GB, then to a 250GB from a laptop after I changed the laptop to SSD since I wanted the 500GB for my RAID-0 enclosure. Shit gets swapped, it's not uncommon for 360 users to update their HDD either even though they are complete rip offs. I don't see what the big deal is at all. o_O; Why are you guys getting trolled by Pezus? lol :P So trolled!

Around the Network
pezus said:
Naum said:
To sum it up then about harddrives.

If Nintendo do it it's bad

If Sony or MS do it it's ok?

Wrong?

MS and Sony both offer consoles with large HDDs, Nintendo does not.

And I don't know if you missed them, but Vita's lack of included memory cards has been complained about a lot.

Pffft, you know full well that lack of included memory card is not what's been complained about on the Vita but the form factor and price of the memory card.

dahuman said:
BaldrSkies said:
22GB?

If it takes 11 hours to download and 1.5 hours to install the 6.5gb DQX beta, this would take almost 2 days.

seriously? what the hell kind of server is hosting that beta? O_O; and 1.5hours to install 6 GB? are you running the internal NAND or on an external HDD?

The 1.5 hour install was actually officially warned by Nintendo. They even said the download could take up to 8 hours. The system is just slow. And the downloads on Wii U are plagued with errors. Here's an avid DQX player on Wii taking 13 hours to download+install the game on Wii U.

Here's the update taking over 9 hours.

Combine that with error after error concerning connectivity and data corruption and there's a fantastic reputation being built here.

BaldrSkies said:
dahuman said:
BaldrSkies said:
22GB?

The 1.5 hour install was actually officially warned by Nintendo. They even said the download could take up to 8 hours. The system is just slow. And the downloads on Wii U are plagued with errors. Here's an avid DQX player on Wii taking 13 hours to download+install the game on Wii U.

Here's the update taking over 9 hours.

Combine that with error after error concerning connectivity and data corruption and there's a fantastic reputation being built here.

fucking ROFL! Hope they'll have it resolved by release because it seems like a server problem on top of shit just not very optimized if it takes like 90 minutes to install 6 GB hahahaha.

^^its a matter of servers, the hw has nothing to do with that

DieAppleDie said:
^^its a matter of servers, the hw has nothing to do with that

The download part yeah. The install shouldn't take that long though, SE engineering at it's best!