By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tetsuya Nomura SWEARS we'll have FFXIII in 2008

I'm think Jan. 09 for Japan. If earlier, it will be around the 2nd week of December. SE is probably being a little more secretive on the amount that is done on this game after the big FF XII fiasco. Now that more info is being released, I wouldn't be surprised if it is closer to done than we believe. Maybe they are polishing the game right now, which takes a very long time as evidenced by MGS4.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

as long as its amazingly awesome who cares, but outside of japan i think 2009 will be its release

What the hell? I think PS3fanboy and joystik need to learn to read.

Nomura said:

"2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi."

That is not = 2008 release...

My thoughts too. The moment that was published I knew people would be reading too much into it.

He doesn't say "It will be released in 2008," he says "2008 will be the year," and we have no idea what question he's responding to. 2008 will be the year for what? Chocolate ice cream? And then he moves immediately into talking about all the new information they're going to release, which suggests he meant "2008 will be the year we start releasing detailed information."

I don't know, maybe they're still on track for a 2008 JP release. I don't want people to be disappointed after reading that quote, though.

What amazes me is the length of time their localization process still takes. They have much larger and better localization teams than they did 10 years ago, and changes in the market mean it no longer makes sense to focus on Japan. Why don't they handle the different translations simultaneously throughout development?

Quick Question: Do i need to have played the first 12 to understand the 13th?

They are aiming for shortening the gap in world wide releases, yet FF XII came out in Europe a whole year after in Japan, it was still an amazing game

Around the Network

http://www.square-enix.com/na/company/press/2008/0130/

ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING FINAL FANTASY XIII RELEASE DATE

Although information regarding the release date of FINAL FANTASY XIII has been reported by certain videogame websites, Square Enix itself has yet to make an official statement on this topic. Any reports of a confirmed release date are erroneous and should be disregarded.

Square Enix will make an official announcement in the future concerning the release date when it has been determined.