By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Milked Games. Which ones should stay, Which ones should take a break?

sub-zero-TM said:
Why are gears of war and uncharted on the list? those games are not milked at all, and there are only 4 uncharted games please don't tell me you counted that uncharted card game?

I can take them off of the lists, no problem.  I thought it would be safe to put Gears on because people would be upset if i didnt and yes i included all associations with uncharted like i did with every other series.  like Halo wars or fable coin golf for phones for example.  That is a company using a recognized name to bring in more recognition

Around the Network
dsgrue3 said:

JayWood2010 said:

Assassin's Creed - 14 Assassin's Creeds since 2007.  6 main series.

Call of Duty - ``14 CoD's since 2003. 9 main series

Mario - 85 since 2000.  Mainline series Unkown

Forza - only because of the genre. 2 years between main releases isn't milked for most.

These are milked.

I was trying to stay away from sports games but if you want me to include them i can

Uhm The only title on that list I consider really milked is cod. The rest can keep coming as long it's good and fresh.

NobleTeam360 said:
I personally don't consider Halo milked at all, or Gears of War. But the rest on that list probably are

Dude if you don't consider Gears of War milked then why Uncharted?

JayWood2010 said:

I was trying to stay away from sports games but if you want me to include them i can

No need. I think everyone agrees that sports games are milked. (Not sure why you quoted me for that though)

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed definitely. I'd like Call of Duty to give it a rest, but that won't happen. Halo needs to pull back as well.

The rest are probably ok as long as they don't get any more frequent.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Any that are showing signs of dipped quality/lacking ideas in their latest releases.

So from your list: God of War; Sonic; Assassin's Creed; Fable; 2D Mario; Ratchet; Final Fantasy would be the ones I'd single out. We'll be finding out if Gears of War will be joining them shortly.

That said, as a fan of Ratchet & a reconverted fan of Final Fantasy (I don't care what anyone says, XIII-2 was enjoyable), I wouldn't want either of those series to stop. And I would imagine it's the same for fans of any of these series, so I wouldn't necessarily advocate for any of them taking a break.

All I would say is, make sure the developers take caution when developing future instalments. Don't play it too safe (Mario; Call of Duty); but don't go so far in a different direction that you make something no-one wants, either (Fable; Ratchet).

There have been 8 mainline Mario games since 2000 including the 2D and 3D ones.

sub-zero-TM said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I personally don't consider Halo milked at all, or Gears of War. But the rest on that list probably are

Dude if you don't consider Gears of War milked then why Uncharted?

to me i wouldnt consider either one to be milked.  Not yet at least.  Just like Judgement, i consider Golden Abyss and the card game as milking the series a little.  As I say most people would.  I want them to continue Uncharted though.  Gears id be happy if they gave it a break because I personally loved the way it ended.  

The question to the OP is not what we consider milked but would you like to see them continue or to give them a break.  Im not trying to offend anybody.

JayWood2010 said:
sub-zero-TM said:
Why are gears of war and uncharted on the list? those games are not milked at all, and there are only 4 uncharted games please don't tell me you counted that uncharted card game?

I can take them off of the lists, no problem.  I thought it would be safe to put Gears on because people would be upset if i didnt and yes i included all associations with uncharted like i did with every other series.  like Halo wars or fable coin golf for phones for example.  That is a company using a recognized name to bring in more recognition

Definitely man take them of the list they shouldn't be there,and i think you should put Elder Scrolls on list. :)