By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

No to mention sales

You say no to mentioning sales? Wow, why did you make the Ps3 vs Ps2 thread then? :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Zack and wiki ww has sold more than DMC4 in japan

omg ps3 is so bad , no games sell etc etc

diduseewhatididthar

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

No problem at all Soul 68.

Oyvoyvoyv PWNED, LoL. =))

@68soul, yeah, big sales of No More Heroes here. =))
Zack and Wicky also impressive. =)))

Crazzy, did you even read 68soul's post? Jeez

No More Heroes hasn't been out too long, it hasn't been released in Europe, and it wasn't widely available. And since it's sold practically the same amount each week, I think it'll have really good legs and probably reach 400k lifetime, which is really good. Comparing that to Killer 7 (Suda51's last game, on the amazing PS2 userbase of 100 million) which only did like 100k, that's going to be fucking amazing.

Zack and Wiki is a point and click title that is not a widely popular genre. And it still has 270k, and with it now doing really well in Europe, it too will probably reach 400k at some point. You're point is moot. And none of these titles were really all that hyped, nor did they have any TV advertisement.

Nice cherry picking too. Pick two titles that really aren't meant to sell well and then say, oh look how bad Wii games sell. Here's some better examples.

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Trilogy

• Wii: 850k
  • 360: 510k
  • PS3: 390k

Spiderman 3: The Movie

• 360: 680k
  • Wii: 420k
  • PS3: 230k

Tiger Woods 07 / Tiger Woods 08

• 360: 870k / 540k
  • Wii: 760k / 200k
  • PS3: 240k / 130k

Madden 07 / Madden 08

• 360: 1.8 million / 2.07 million
  • PS3: 460k / 740k
  • Wii: 430k / 540k

Harry Potter

• Wii: 170k
  • 360: 140k
  • PS3: 100k

Need for Speed: Carbon / Need for Speed: Prostreet

• 360: 1.25 million / 1.06 million
  • PS3: 720k / 1.01 million
  • Wii: 280k / 400k

Guitar Hero 3

• PS2: 3.4 million
  • 360: 2.26 million
  • Wii: 1.68 million
  • PS3: .85 million

Those are some non-exclusive games, and the Wii beats the PS3 hands down in most of them, and only does the Wii get beated hands down in the Need for Speed games. I included 360 sales to show you that saying the Wii has a bigger userbase isn't a good argument, because the 360 beats the Wii in a 4 of those. If the PS3 userbase is really so hardcore, why can't the PS3 games sell better? If Wii users are only buying SMG and WiiPlay, why then, do they still buy more of those games than PS3 users?

I would do some exclusive games, but it's harder to not cherry pick sales. For instance... 

Everyone says that only Nintendo games sell well on the Wii, but looking at the top 2 sellers for the PS3, they're both Sony games. Oh no! Only Sony games sell on the PS3! But that's cherry picking. So I can't, and won't, use that.

How could we let this thread die? Oh wait, didn't ioi put up a post in website forum that bumping up posts like this wasn't allowed? You had to put some new info in... Oh, well.

SMG was in Europe this week not beaten by any console games that weren't 2nd weekers (or pack ins, I know it's unfair not to count them, but I'm telling)

Sunshine sold 1.31M in Europe.
Galaxy has so far sold 1.75M, and is still ticking. 2.5M is almost certain. (I did this by 10K average, which is way low, * 45 weeks left of the year = 450K = total of 2.2M, and 300K over 3 years is piece of cake for the second greatest game in history)

Sunshine sold 3.7M in America.
Galaxy has so far sold 3.2M in America.
Last week Galaxy ticked in 90K, in a dead time. It will easily reach 3.7M within May.

Sunshine sold 870K in Japan.
Galaxy has sold 900K in Japan.
Galaxy was number 29 on the Japan list, and sold 6.6K only. It is doubtfull that this game will sell more than 1.5M LTD. But 1.2M is a safe bet. 1.1M should be reached within end of the year easily. Math: 5K/week * 45 weeks left of the year=225K = 1.125K with 50K margin of error

Galaxy already > Sunshine in 2 of the 3.
Galaxy will within may > Sunshine in all 3
Galaxy will within end of 09 double Sunshine in 1 out of 3 countries.
(Galaxy will LTD double sunshine in 2 out of 3 countries)

The 3 first are obvious, the last one is uncertain.

Around the Network

how is it overtracked

I like the word marioboys...

@Hihihi.

What? Where was overtracked mentioned?

Is it a question to what Pichu_Pichu said on the first page?

That was a joke, if it is what you meant.

Looking at it. I now see that Crazzy was right all along. You other people are ignorant fools.

Actually I was starting to think that Crazzyman was right for a minute-- considering the huge dropoff in sales the second after it surpassed GCN sales.

Funny thing is that even being dead last in America, the Wii still pwned the PS3 by like 200 units. And then when I saw the Wii pwn the PS3 in Japan, then I thought "oh. well at least Japan hasn't changed"

Oh, and this post gives me my 667th post, which means that I'm off of 666. Well it was fun while it lasted.

Oh dear, why did this thread have to get bumped?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."