By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - ALL marioboys bought SMG and Wii? Or speculations made on SMG and SMS sales

@valen200,
AND i say, PS3 will only in 2008 will have 2nd year LIFE Christmas.
You don`t see the difference?
PS2 life started at march 2000, and Second Christmas was in December 2001 OR AFTER 22 MONTH.
PS3 life started in november 2006, and Second Christmas was in December 2007 OR AFTER 12 MONTH.

22 MONTH FOR DEVELOPING A GAME ======= 12 MONTH? NOT.

@That Guy, for a HIGH BRAND game, 1 mln. IS NORMAL or GOOD, BUT really nothing AMAZING. It would be DISSAPOINTING, like First week SMG sales, if it would sell LESS.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
weezy said:

LOL.

I just came up with conclusion's that crazzyman is either hired by this site as a commotion stirrer.

Or he caught his girlfriend cheating on him with a nintendork.

Which one is it crazy?!

Which one is it?

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

CrazzyMan said:
@That Guy, PS3 will only in 2008 will have 2nd year LIFE Christmas.
And by THAT time it will HAVE MGS4, GTA4, FFXIII, GT5.

It is that I don't bet with you but 'm pretty sure that FFXIII and GT5 won't be available next Christmas. Maybe in Japan, but I strongly doubt that.

Leaves you with MGS4, which won't have any impact around the holidays anymore, because everyone that wants that game will buy it right away, and GTA4 which will probably sell more on 360 ww.

no, 1 MILLION IN A WEEK is insane. One million total for a big budget game makes a profit. If you got your entire investment back in a week's time, then i'd say that's pretty insane. That means the FOLLOWING WEEKS will be free money going into the bank.

It feels like we're talking about two entirely different things here.

Also, a launch date as something to do with the games released, but not everything. I'm pretty sure a big enough company LIKE KONAMI would have had their dev kits long before the system actually launched. If they started work on MGS4 in November 2006, then of course it would take a long time.

But if they got their dev kits in 2005, then we should be expecting something by now. And if they didn't get their dev kits early enough, then you have to point the finger at Sony again for poor execution and timing.

weezy said:
weezy said:

LOL.

I just came up with conclusion's that crazzyman is either hired by this site as a commotion stirrer.

Or he caught his girlfriend cheating on him with a nintendork.

Which one is it crazy?!

Which one is it?

I don't think that there is any chance of it being the second one for a variety of reasons, so I am going to have to go with either a) hired by somebody to stir things, or b) just some 13 year old kid with nothing better to do.  As a hired dude he would be a pretty big failure since people can barely understand the ideas he is presenting, so I can't imagine a) being accurate, either.      

Around the Network
cebrian said:
I guess you didnt see my post crazzyman, here it is again refute this... (thing is I dont really think my word is gospel as you do)

Hey guys... but only marioboys buy mario games how can that statement not be true you have to give the man some credit.... so going by his "logic?"

Super Mario Bros 3 sold over 17 million copies... so there, super mario galaxy will sell that.... thanks crazzyman for enlightening us. The bare minimun would be 11 million because of mario64... but seeing as user base impacts the ownership of mario

62 million nes 17 million mario 3.... 27%
50 million Snes 20 million mario world... 40% (but some copies of mario world were bundled even though not all of them as I myself bought it as a separate game...)
32 million n64 11 million mario 64... 34%
21 million GCN 6 million Mario sshine... 28%

80 million Wii (bare minimun for wii even though i think it will go over 110 million)
with a bare minimun of 27% by this "logic" of mine And We give 21 million copies of super mario galaxy...

There, this is going by that logic of crazzyman But you know since im a nice guy i will concede 7% of attach ratio (even though mario in a consolehas never been under 27) and we end up with a nice round number of 16 million;)

CrazzyMan, please rebut.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

CrazzyMan said:
FFXVIII not see the ligth this years, MGS never sell much.

MGS and MGS 2 sold 6 and 5 million lifetime, respectively. MGS 3 sold less with about 3.5 million lifetime, I think?

These numbers are by no means failtures and are 100% bonafide blockbusters.

But IMO, MGS2 was a huge disappointment for me. The storyline got jacked up after that point.

@That Guy, for a HIGH BRAND game, 1 mln. IS NORMAL or GOOD, BUT really nothing AMAZING. It would be DISSAPOINTING, like First week SMG sales, if it would sell LESS.

Sales in Japan (Lifetime):

Metal Gear Solid: 0.78 million

Metal Gear Solid 2: 0.85 million

Metal Gear Solid 3: 0.86 million

Guess you better strike Metal Gear Solid 4 from that list, since none of its predecessors even hit 1 million sales lifetime. How DISSAPOINTING. [sic] =)

does anyone else cringe a little when they read the topic title.. or does it make sense?

EDIT: RPGuy96, you may want to add that those are actually Total sales, and not launch period sales