By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - S4: Samsung copies floating touch from Sony

Dam, was hoping Samsung would go for a different design this time round. Seems very similar to the GS3

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Whats the point? Looks fairly useless and gimmicky to me.

best touch advance....?

The way I can use my Nokia 920 with gloves on or even use with any item, pen, keys, banana!! Awesome at a football match when it is sub zero, will be great when skiing under the Matterhorn in a couple of weeks too.

I have the phone, it was released before Lumia, I don't get why sony didn't make a big deal out of it like Nokia did.

Good for them. I think it's a great idea and it's a shame that Sony puts it only in Sola and not any other high-end smartphone as a possibility. I hate when the screen gets dirty...

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Its a general feature that will be on all phones soon.

Just like eyetracking is starting to become norm.

kowenicki said:
Cub said:
kowenicki said:

best touch advance....?

The way I can use my Nokia 920 with gloves on or even use with any item, pen, keys, banana!! Awesome at a football match when it is sub zero, will be great when skiing under the Matterhorn in a couple of weeks too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AgnO6Vvcos

I have the phone, it was released before Lumia, I don't get why sony didn't make a big deal out of it like Nokia did.

Maybe they will if they put it on one of their more decent phones.

I guess you are right, it's a crappy phone, it would've been a waste of resources to advertize it lol.

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Its a general feature that will be on all phones soon.

Just like eyetracking is starting to become norm.

starting?  pst,..  women have been doing it for generations to detirmine how interested a guy is.

As far as I know, the Samsung Galaxy Note already had that feature, but it was only available when using the stylus.

kowenicki said:
nightsurge said:
kowenicki said:

best touch advance....?

I did not realize the Nokia 920 could do this.

Is it not a capacitive screen? I have heard of the extremely durable and scracth resistance of it, but not that you could use any object whatsover to control the touches.

its amazing frankly.

it would be really amazing if my 2 year old Galaxy S (the first) didn't do that... but it does... 

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

kowenicki said:

best touch advance....?

lol you really hate sony... pluging your nokia in a thread that doesn't concern it. you sound desperate to try and convince people not to like this awesome sony phone

does this feel the heat of a finger or something? seems slow

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(