By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rare Teasing a Brand New Character

Rare Teasing A Brand New Character

The Rare news continues to thrive on their new project as several employees have taken to Twitter to tease a brand new

Notice the characters? Beginning from the 1980s all the way to the mysterious question mark, are key characters from their biggest franchises are featured. So who does the question mark represent? The bag itself would indicate that the new character will be representative of a brand new IP that will likely release this year when the Xbox 720 launches. We know that Rare just finished completing a demo build of a game last week, so can we expect to see this character then?

And one other interesting thing is that every character on the above bag has had his or her own game since the Microsoft acquisition, aside from Fulgore and the Battletoad; however we know something is going on with Killer Instinct, so does that mean Battletoads could be getting a revival as well?

So what are your thoughts on this? Let us know in the comments below on what your hopes and expectations are!

Around the Network

Their new character is a question mark? Rare really is dead.

"Inspiring Everyone to Play?"
Rare's next Kinect casual title confirmed

I like Rar. So this is something I look forward to.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Looking forward to whatever they have in store! ^_^

Around the Network
maxnyc said:

Yes because they have made one kinect title.  That must mean every game they are making is a kinect title right? *rolls eyes*

JayWood2010 said:
maxnyc said:

Yes because they have made one kinect title.  That must mean every game they are making is a kinect title right? *rolls eyes*

No. Because the slogan says: inspiring EVERYONE to play.

That could lead you (if you are smart enough) to think it's a casual title that can be played by everyone. By the whole family, the kids, parents, EVERYONE.

We don't know if it is really gonna be a casual title. But I just wanted to explain to you why maxnyc said that (you clearly couldn't understand it).

I'm cautiously optimistic about Rare's upcoming titles, but couldn't the "?" just symbolize Rare's future, and not a specific mascot or character?

JayWood2010 said:

Damn my Rare knowledge is starting to fade. There's almost half of the characters that I don't recognize:

1st : ???
2nd: One of the Battletoads
3rd: Fulgore from Killer Instinct
4th: Banjo?
5th: ???
6th: Viva Piñata
7th: Xbox Avatars?

Signature goes here!

Laurel Aitken said:
JayWood2010 said:
maxnyc said:

No. Because the slogan says: inspiring EVERYONE to play.

That could lead you (if you are smart enough) to think it's a casual title that can be played by everyone. By the whole family, the kids, parents, EVERYONE.

We don't know if it is really gonna be a casual title. But I just wanted to explain to you why maxnyc said that (you clearly couldn't understand it).

And what do you think about mario games like Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros.  Everyone does not mean casual like you act.  Banjo Kazooie is an everyone title and i dont consider that to be casual, do you?  Yes it could be a kinect title, we really dont know but they have only made one kinect title and it is annyoing hearing about this in every rare thread.