By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

zumnupy10 said:
ethomaz said:
OP releases next week? If so I expect again great numbers for Vita... and PS3.

It is bad that Vita has nothing for April.

It won't do much for Vita. But PS3 will have a huge boost.

3DS sales seem a little low in the past few weeks.

Well Vita momentum is pretty high right now so I'd expect the Vita version of One Piece to surprise people. If sales actually inceased this week after the price cut, I wonder where Vita will stabilize? Soul Sacrifice release week was so successful it completely negated any post price cut drop. Will it have legs? Is this the new Monster Hunter?

Around the Network

Sold better than last week!

So....

COMG > Tsutaya

It's nice to see Vita breathing again. I want to see this industry shake the stigma that tablets and phones are killing it. Nothing would say that more than not one, but two dedicated gaming handhelds doing well.

Vita beats 3DS. Holy shit!

Around the Network

So for the first time, the Vita outsells the 3DS. Nice.

Let's see how it holds now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

VGKing said:
gigantor21 said:
Oh, damn, the Vita's numbers barely dropped! It actually overtook the 3DS this week. And holy shit @ Soul Sacrifice! :O

The Wii U... -_-

It didn't drop at all. It actually increased. And it somehow managed to outsell the 3DS week. 

Let's see what excuse people make this week.

I actually had quoted some comments and rather mentioned about staying tuned for upcoming week's numbers. It was surprising as to how many tried to write it off as a price-cut spike. Just need the right softwares coming its way.

Let's enjoy this victory guys, it might not happen again any time soon. :p

VGKing said:
zumnupy10 said:
ethomaz said:
OP releases next week? If so I expect again great numbers for Vita... and PS3.

It is bad that Vita has nothing for April.

It won't do much for Vita. But PS3 will have a huge boost.

3DS sales seem a little low in the past few weeks.

Well Vita momentum is pretty high right now so I'd expect the Vita version of One Piece to surprise people. If sales actually inceased this week after the price cut, I wonder where Vita will stabilize? Soul Sacrifice release week was so successful it completely negated any post price cut drop. Will it have legs? Is this the new Monster Hunter?

If it proves to have good legs.  Monster Hunter might have found a good competitor.

GameAnalyser said:
VGKing said:
gigantor21 said:
Oh, damn, the Vita's numbers barely dropped! It actually overtook the 3DS this week. And holy shit @ Soul Sacrifice! :O

The Wii U... -_-

It didn't drop at all. It actually increased. And it somehow managed to outsell the 3DS week. 

Let's see what excuse people make this week.

I actually had quoted some comments and rather mentioned about staying tuned for upcoming week's numbers. It was surprising as to how many tried to write it off as a price-cut spike. Just need the right softwares coming its way.

Weren't there reports of sell outs the previous week though? But these people denied that as well lol