By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 10 ( Mar 4 - Mar 10 )

crissindahouse said:

thx! wasn't 100% sure anymore if it will be for ps3 and vita or only vita. i believe in europe and usa it will get only a ps3 release if i'm not wrong.

Yeah, that's correct.  Japan is getting it for PS3/Vita and the west is getting it for PS3 only.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Pavolink said:
Train wreck said:

I will take the Vita > 3DS as a small moral victory this week. There will be the same naysayers who will downplay whatever success the system had this week and you know what, thats ok. The system responding to game releases with stable sales is really the best that can go for any system. You are going to continue to see small developers publish games on the system and a couple of big titles here and there. At 61k, i still think the system is supplied constrained because no retailer carried it fully (due to its prior abysmal sales). Even though April is looking empty and sales will be returning to a new normal, hopefully its late spring, summer and fall lineups will start to materialize.

I don't have to do anything more, you've done very well.

OP: Software chart has a lot of games from Sony platforms. The only non-ps platform there is 3DS.

360 has a game ;o

Ok. This is now weird. Vita above 3DS and now an Xbox360 game in the chart.

Don't clap the Vita, it is clearly just an effect of the Panstarrs Comet.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Kresnik said:
crissindahouse said:

thx! wasn't 100% sure anymore if it will be for ps3 and vita or only vita. i believe in europe and usa it will get only a ps3 release if i'm not wrong.

Yeah, that's correct.  Japan is getting it for PS3/Vita and the west is getting it for PS3 only.

ohh btw i made a mistake, i wrote "if it will be for ps3 and vita or only vita" but meant "or only ps3" lol.

Looks like all of those SS Vita special edition bundles helped HW this week, they seemed to be popular. I thought the special design looked nice and I briefly considered picking up a bundle myself. SS did alright, but considering it was supposed to be the Vita savior, not so great... With no more SS HW bundles available, I'd imagine Vita will be in the 20-25k range next week before falling again.

3ds not bad with nothing new this week. SRW UX with the HW bundles should give a boost next week.

ps3 falls and psp surges? Wasn't really expecting that.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

gratulations vita.
so now i hope this sales will affect developers / publishers to announce some new games in the next weeks (maybe some projects were held back from public to be able to cancel them silent).

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

Around the Network
zhao3gold said:
So, with SS and price drop, PSV only tops 3DS with approximate 2000 units. Does it deserve to a congratulation?

Going from being outsold 32:1 to beating 3ds by even 1 unit is bloody impressive and unprecedented as far as I know. Will it keep outselling it? Absolutely not. It's not even a threat to 3ds, but it is doing much better than most people thought. So, yes, it does deserve the praise.

Also, has any other console sold better on the second week of its price cut, ever? (I don't know. Just asking).

outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
So....

COMG > Tsutaya

Eh, I wouldn't think so. COMG had SS doing less than half of what it did and Tsutaya and MC agree on its sales with Miku being 2nd.

The weekly ranking was pretty good though!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5201341

naruball said:
zhao3gold said:
So, with SS and price drop, PSV only tops 3DS with approximate 2000 units. Does it deserve to a congratulation?

Going from being outsold 32:1 to beating 3ds by even 1 unit is bloody impressive and unprecedented as far as I know. Will it keep outselling it? Absolutely not. It's not even a threat to 3ds, but it is doing much better than most people thought. So, yes, it does deserve the praise.

Also, has any other console sold better on the second week of its price cut, ever? (I don't know. Just asking).

I honestly doubt. A nice achievement, I suppose.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Boutros said:
outlawauron said:
Boutros said:
So....

COMG > Tsutaya

Eh, I wouldn't think so. COMG had SS doing less than half of what it did and Tsutaya and MC agree on its sales with Miku being 2nd.

The weekly ranking was pretty good though!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5201341

I see. Underestimated the fujoshi game though.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

For anyone interested:

Senran Kagura (3DS): 51k opening week; 10k second week.

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS): 70k opening week; 10k second week.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (Vita): 92k opening week; 15-17k second week.

Even though I was disappointed by the drop, it seems it's actually pretty standard for the series at this point.  Suppose it comes from being an Otaku title.