By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My fiance has stolen my DS...

ferret1603 said:
I've considered both but can afford neither

Tell the bum to get his own!

Then whenever he gets uppity you can humiliate him in some multiplayer game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

What color is your DS?  Not that you should have to buy a pink DS, but it might have eventually made him give it back.  Of course, then you are stuck with a pink DS. 

Trick number 2 would be go to buy Nintendogs with his favorite dog.  Just for him.  He'll enjoy it for a bit.  (I liked the frisbee throwing.)  Then in a couple days, get tired of it.  And you can get your DS back.  Of course then you are stuck with a pink DS and a copy of Nintendogs.

Lastly, you could tell him he either coughs up some money for his own DS, or else you'll be forced to hock your engagement ring to pay for a new DS.  And he might have to buy you a new one!! 

Fortunately for me, daughter 2 steals daughter 1's DS.  It's a pink DS, of course.  Mine is not. ;)

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

i had too buy my fiance the red/black ds, just so the zelda ds could come out a month later and we already had a black and white lite and a ds phat

I have a solution.

Get an original gameboy with tetris and give it to him, that game can keep a person distracted for approximately 17 years.

Renar said:

Lastly, you could tell him he either coughs up some money for his own DS, or else you'll be forced to hock your engagement ring to pay for a new DS. And he might have to buy you a new one!!

I like that one Definitely worth a try!

Edit: I tried it and he insisted the theft is not going to be a regular occurance. Somehow I doubt that but if I buy him a budget copy of Age of Empires for the PC it may stop him for a bit. 

Around the Network

For luck no

@MANUELF ?? :-s

Couldn't find Age of Empires cheap so I've ordered him Civilization Chronicles. That should keep him busy for a very long time. Although it may encourage him to steal my DS more often in order to get more games bought for him...

Pack contains:
    * Sid Meier's Civilization I
    * Sid Meier's Civilization II
    * Civilization II: Fantastic Worlds
    * Civilization II: Conflicts in Civilization
    * Civilization II: Test of Time
    * Sid Meier's Civilization III
    * Sid Meier's Civilization III: Play the World
    * Sid Meier's Civilization III: Conquests
    * Sid Meier's Civilization IV
    * Civilization: The Card Game - An original tabletop card game designed by Civilization IV lead designer Soren Johnson
    * The Chronicles of Civilization - A 96-Page book containing the history of Civilization,
    * DVD - content includes a detailed presentation by lead designer Soren Johnson and artist Dorian Newcomb about the creation of Civilization IV
    * Other exciting extras include printed tech tree posters from each game, wallpaper images, podcast MP3s and more!

All for £9.96

I bought an original DS, then gave my gf the original when I bought a DS Lite. Seemed to solve the problem pretty well.

no but that must suck for you...

My DS is my partner