By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Braid Dev: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'

Wright said:
KingHades said:
Wright said:
KingHades said:

If those games were so good then why doesn't anybody bring them up when talking about Xbox exclusives. They are average games. Viva Piniata is not even close to ground breaking. As I said before Rare has not been the same since they join MS they haven't made ONE groundbreaking game yet. So my point STILL stands.

Because people obviously have no idea about Xbox exclusives.

And let me clarify something to you:

Groundbreaking:

"The term groundbreaking, when used as an adjective, may mean being or making something that has never been done or seen or made before; "stylistically innovative works"."

Amazing:

"1. To affect with great wonder; astonish.

2. Obsolete To bewilder; perplex.

To cause great wonder or astonishment: a sight that amazes."
Now let me quote something:
KingHades said:

I'm not saying it as a fact im saying it as how Cliffy B left Epic because he didn't want to be contracted into make Gears for the rest of his life which is a fact even IGn reported it in one of their Xbox conversations.

Rare hasn't made ONE I repeat ONE amazing game since Microsoft required them you can try and damage controll this,but im just stating facts.

As you can see, you did not say Groundbreaking. You said amazing. Kameo, Banjo Tooie Kazooie (My mistake) and Viva Piñata are amazing; well, perhaps Banjo Zakooie is merely good, but still. The latter one has an 85 in metacritic. They cause wonder; so they're amazing. This generation, only a handful amount of games have been groundbreaking, so you can't say that Rare hasn't made one since almost no one this generation has made one too.
Think the facts and don't change your words when arguing.

Viva Piniata isn't amazing because it does nothing new it's an OK/average game.

You're joking right?

Uncharted 2,Super Mario Galaxy BOTH of them,Batman Arkham City,LittleBigPlanet.

All of these games contain innovation something that Rare has been lacking the day they joined Microsoft.

You're completely missing the point, and it's okay :P

All those games you've mentioned are amazing. Uncharted 2 is groundbreaking and amazing at the same time. The second super mario galaxy is not groundbreaking. Little Big Planet is amazing, and it is a powerful creative weapon, but it is not groundbreaking. Learn the meaning, I wrote them back in my older post.

Viva Piñata is amazing. It even has 4 player co-op offline, something only very few games have. But it is not groundbreaking.

I can't take you seriously anymore if you really think that. If LBP wasn't groundbreaking it would not have gotten above a 90 on metacritic.

4 Player Co-Op offline wow that's.........nice.

Yes your description of Grounbreaking describes every game I listed. LBP,UC2,SMG,Arkham City all ground breaking if they weren't they wouldn't get above a 90 on meacritic.  You still haven't refuted my post what grounbreaking game has Rare made since joining microsoft.

Go ahead I can wait.

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
There is a guy on the site who claimed to have inside info on next gen from devs and he said this would happen? Where's that thread

Sup? I'm not sure if I linked that particiular thread in my sig, but just look up my threads - shouldnt be too hard to find it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

KingHades said:

I can't take you seriously anymore if you really think that. If LBP wasn't groundbreaking it would not have gotten above a 90 on metacritic.

Yes your description of Grounbreaking describes every game I listed. LBP,UC2,SMG,Arkham City all ground breaking if they weren't they wouldn't get above a 90 on meacritic.  You still haven't refuted my post what grounbreaking game has Rare made since joining microsoft.

Go ahead I can wait.

Let me understand something first, before making another statement. So, by that logic, every +90 metacritic game is groundbreaking? Think carefully, very, very carefully.

kowenicki said:
.... just like the 360 and PS3 aren't strictly about games.

Come on now, at least try to be subjective.

The ps3 has been way more balanced as a media / gaming machine unlike the 360. case in point; Usher @ 2012 e3

Wright said:
KingHades said:

Go ahead I can wait.

Let me understand something first, before making another statement. So, by that logic, every +90 metacritic game is groundbreaking? Think carefully, very, very carefully.

Ok let me rephrase that most games that don't get above a 90 are usually games without any innovation.

Uncharted 1 to 2 is a perfect example 88 to a 96 is a jump in innovation.

Around the Network
KingHades said:

Ok let me rephrase that most games that don't get above a 90 are usually games without any innovation.

So, there aren't innovatives games under 90 metacritic, then? You said "most", but that looks like there are none.

KingHades said:
Wright said:
KingHades said:

Go ahead I can wait.

2009 was also a dry season for games.

So, I guess this is pretty much confirming the rumors of the NeXbox. PS4 will focus on core gaming, with a bit of casual gaming and multimedia functions thrown in. NeXbox will probably be focused on casual gaming and multimedia functions, with a bit of core gaming thrown in.

Wright said:
KingHades said:

So, there aren't innovatives games under 90 metacritic, then? You said "most", but that looks like there are none.

I never said that. Yes most games that don't get above a 90 are USUALLY games without innovation.

You sidestep way to much. This debate is over.