By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Braid Dev: New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'

KingHades said:

Microsoft has Epic Contracted to make Gears what are you talking about? That's one of the reasons why he left Epic because he didn't want to be contracted into making Gears exclusive for the 360 for the rest of his life. You really think that they couldn't port it to PS3? It's just Microsoft will keep paying them not to do so.

Kameo isn't even good IMO,Banjo Tooie horrible when compared to the n64 games,Viva Piñata?Really? I'm older than 5 so obviously it won't appeal to me.

I don't understand you. You think his problem was the game was not in Ps3, or that they were still making Gears of War games? Because the latter was Epic's fault.

Kameo is good for what it is. Can't speak for Tooie. Too bad you think that way of Viva Piñata, because it is way more hardcore than most games nowadays.

Around the Network

entertainment apps will be the primary focus of the new xbox. games are secondary for microsoft.

Wright said:
KingHades said:

Microsoft has Epic Contracted to make Gears what are you talking about? That's one of the reasons why he left Epic because he didn't want to be contracted into making Gears exclusive for the 360 for the rest of his life. You really think that they couldn't port it to PS3? It's just Microsoft will keep paying them not to do so.

Kameo isn't even good IMO,Banjo Tooie horrible when compared to the n64 games,Viva Piñata?Really? I'm older than 5 so obviously it won't appeal to me.

I don't understand you. You think his problem was the game was not in Ps3, or that they were still making Gears of War games? Because the latter was Epic's fault.

Kameo is good for what it is. Can't speak for Tooie. Too bad you think that way of Viva Piñata, because it is way more hardcore than most games nowadays.

No the problem is that it could have been on PS3 if they wanted to,but of course money talks and MS locked them up with a contract to make it exclusive for 360.

No I just don't play games that have a target market of 5 and younger,but back to what the main topic is.

Rare still has not made an amazing game since joining Microsoft so my point still stands.

KingHades said:

No the problem is that it could have been on PS3 if they wanted to,but of course money talks and MS locked them up with a contract to make it exclusive for 360.

No I just don't play games that have a target market of 5 and younger,but back to what the main topic is.

Rare still has not made an amazing game since joining Microsoft so my point still stands.

Sure, Heavy Rain could be on the Xbox if Sony would like to, but I don't see David Cage mad about that fact. The problem is that Cliff was tired about Gears and Epic in general, not that the game could not be on another platform.

And my point stands too. The fact that a game is not appealing to you does not mean the game is not amazing.

KingHades said:
Wright said:
KingHades said:

Sony are also guilty of this, so dont act like Microsoft are the only ones doing this.

Around the Network
Wright said:
KingHades said:

Sure, Heavy Rain could be on the Xbox if Sony would like to, but I don't see David Cage mad about that fact. The problem is that Cliff was tired about Gears and Epic in general, not that the game could not be on another platform.

And my point stands too. The fact that a game is not appealing to you does not mean the game is not amazing.

Heavy Rain CANNOT be on Xbox lol... You really think Sony has anything to do with the fact Heavy Rain is exclusive? David Cage just prefers the PlayStation platform if it were the case he would have expressed his pains.

Not to mention any day now Sony is going to buy Quantic Dream they did that with Sucker Punch. Heavy Rain not releasing on 360 is just the fact that David Cage would feel limited on the 360.

Viva Piniata is average at best. That game is nowhere near amazing. Amazing would be Tomb Raider. Viva Piniata isn't even close.

I don't see why you try and deny that Rare has fallen off especially since they joined Microsoft. Who knows they might be better off back with Nintendo.

KingHades said:

Heavy Rain CANNOT be on Xbox lol... You really think Sony has anything to do with the fact Heavy Rain is exclusive? David Cage just prefers the PlayStation platform if it were the case he would have expressed his pains.

Not to mention any day now Sony is going to buy Quantic Dream they did that with Sucker Punch. Heavy Rain not releasing on 360 is just the fact that David Cage would feel limited on the 360.

Viva Piniata is average at best. That game is nowhere near amazing. Amazing would be Tomb Raider. Viva Piniata isn't even close.

I don't see why you try and deny that Rare has fallen off especially since they joined Microsoft. Who knows they might be better off back with Nintendo.

Okay, okay. Getting twisted, aren't we?

Sony has something to do with Heavy Rain, of course. Do you think money grews in trees? Sony gave mone to Quantic Dream, not to keep the exclusivity or anything like that, but to publish their games. David Cage prefers the Playstation platform? Fine. He feels limited? Don't think so. The guy at thatgamecompany said the same, yet the hypocrite then came complaining to Sony that he did not make "as much money as he would have liked". I'm not comparing these two, I like David Cage far more than Chen, and enjoyed his games. But hey, he could try Nintendo if he wanted, but he's so obtuse sometimes he won't. Probably because he would call Nintendo players inmature, when they're not. I should remind you that if it wasn't for PC community, his studio would not be where it stands now, yet he does not seem to like PC at all.

Viva Piñata is amazing. Considering your aversion and that you obviously had no idea what you were saying (Implying it is only for 5 years old) I can't take your opinion as a fact. Play it first, then complain. How come you are comparing Tomb Raider with Viva Piñata? Might as well compare Kameo to Fallout 3. o.O The fact that a game is amazing does not mean that others game cannot be.

I'm not denying anything. Rare is not the same, of course. But you're blatanly lying and you don't want to admit it. They have made great games, and horrible games as well, such as Perfect Dark Zero and the Kinect games. But to say they don't have make anything great this gen is to be delusional.

Wright said:
KingHades said:

Okay, okay. Getting twisted, aren't we?

Sony has something to do with Heavy Rain, of course. Do you think money grews in trees? Sony gave mone to Quantic Dream, not to keep the exclusivity or anything like that, but to publish their games. David Cage prefers the Playstation platform? Fine. He feels limited? Don't think so. The guy at thatgamecompany said the same, yet the hypocrite then came complaining to Sony that he did not make "as much money as he would have liked". I'm not comparing these two, I like David Cage far more than Chen, and enjoyed his games. But hey, he could try Nintendo if he wanted, but he's so obtuse sometimes he won't. Probably because he would call Nintendo players inmature, when they're not. I should remind you that if it wasn't for PC community, his studio would not be where it stands now, yet he does not seem to like PC at all.

Viva Piñata is amazing. Considering your aversion and that you obviously had no idea what you were saying (Implying it is only for 5 years old) I can't take your opinion as a fact. Play it first, then complain. How come you are comparing Tomb Raider with Viva Piñata? Might as well compare Kameo to Fallout 3. o.O The fact that a game is amazing does not mean that others game cannot be.

I'm not denying anything. Rare is not the same, of course. But you're blatanly lying and you don't want to admit it. They have made great games, and horrible games as well, such as Perfect Dark Zero and the Kinect games. But to say they don't have make anything great this gen is to be delusional.

No David Cage just prefers PlayStation over Xbox plain and simple. You people keep saying Sony has no money so how would they have money to keep their games from going multiplat when it would make them more money if they did.

It's just how it goes just like how the creator of Kingdom Hearts or lead designer hates Xbox. It has nothing to do with Sony paying exclusive fees it's just that they don't like the competitions platform plain and simple.

What don't you understand?

Oh and If you honestly think Viva Piniata is an AMAZING game then the I don't know what to say. If it was amazing then Nintendo fans wouldn't be saying MS killed rare if this were the case which it is not.

I never compared VP to TR I said an amazing game is Tomb Raider an average game is VP. Oh and for what it's worth I actually watched my cousin play VP and it was boring and not even close to Rare games in the past.

Everyone prefers Sony over the others as long as Sony isn't screwing up with Price and Architecture.
Microsoft only had the luck to be at the right place at the right time to catch the running chickens.
If Nintendo wouldn't release Last Gen Consoles in New Gens they would have had the chance to get the whole support.

PS4 = Perfect and every 3rd Party Dev loves the PS4.Even those who hated the PS3 more than death.

KingHades said:

No David Cage just prefers PlayStation over Xbox plain and simple. You people keep saying Sony has no money so how would they have money to keep their games from going multiplat when it would make them more money if they did.

It's just how it goes just like how the creator of Kingdom Hearts or lead designer hates Xbox. It has nothing to do with Sony paying exclusive fees it's just that they don't like the competitions platform plain and simple.

What don't you understand?

Oh and If you honestly think Viva Piniata is an AMAZING game then the I don't know what to say. If it was amazing then Nintendo fans wouldn't be saying MS killed rare if this were the case which it is not.

I never compared VP to TR I said an amazing game is Tomb Raider an average game is VP. Oh and for what it's worth I actually watched my cousin play VP and it was boring and not even close to Rare games in the past.

I was making orange juice. Want some? :P

When did I say that Sony has no money? They have bad fiscal years, but that does not mean they have no money. They just need money to publish games, don't they? That's why Quantic Dream is a 2nd party team, they are not property of Sony, but they get their games published by 'em. It's no fee or anything like that. No royalties or things like these.

I have not argued you in this point. If they don't like the console, okay! That's fine, for them and for me. World has more than one colour, and it's obvious that everything is not to everyone's taste.

If you don't know what to say, don't say anything. As I previously stated, we don't like the same things. I don't know how are you using some people's opinion as a fact. MS did not kill Rare, Rare shoot itself in the foot. You just came and said that Rare has not done anything amazing. I'm just proving you wrong. I have metacritic to back me up (But I don't tend to trust Metacritic a lot, sometimes they're a bunch of pricks).

You said Tomb Raider is amazing. But what makes Tomb Raider amazing is not the same as to what makes Viva Piñata amazing. So that's pretty much a comparison. I could say that Dead Rising is an awesome game and E.T is a horrible one. But if I'm not comparing them, what's the point of even saying it? Different genres, different games. You are not supossed to look at Viva Piñata the same way as you look Tomb Raider.

And, as I stated previously, I have said that Rare is not the same. But you're changing the subject, the fact that a Rare game has not the quality of games when Rare was in Nintendo does no mean, again, that they have not done anything good this gen. They have: Kameo, Viva Piñata and Banjo Tooie. That is a fact, wether you like the games or not.