By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I just got Dishonored....

...and this game is awful! How did this game get so many high scores?

Let me say that I absolutely love stealth games. I love the Thief series, MGS, Splinter Cell, Batman, Commandos, Deus Ex, Stealth Bastard, Mark of the Ninja and so on. If it has stealth elements I have probably played it. But this game right here is an absolute turd. The stealth mechanic is absolutley awful and random, I get spotted at the weirdest occasions, like strangling a man under a bridge alerts people on top of that bridge even though they are like 30m away. People spot me when I'm 10m behind them and on other occassions I stand right in front of them and they don't see me. What the fuck is going on here?

Also, the story is boring as hell and tongue in cheek and the graphics, my god does this game look bad on PS3. I completed Tomb Raider on PC and switched to this game on PS3 and I was shocked how inferior this game looks. I do not have a high end PC whatsoever but the difference is still ridiculous. There is screen tearing everywhere, character models look like a low res version of biochock characters and the whole game looks like the proper textures haven't loaded yet and you are stuck with those low res, preload textures.

On top of this the game also managed to copy the one thing I absolutely hated in games like Skyrim, having to constantly look around for tiny objects (coins) to pick up one by one.

How did this game reach a 90's metascore? How in the hell did this game get GOTY awards? I am seriously at a complete loss here. I know, tastes and stuff, but what kinda taste do you need to enjoy this game? This game is more infuriating than Dark Souls, which deliberatly tries to fuck you up at every corner.

I think I'm gonna trade this in as soon as possible.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network
Chandler said:

I know, tastes and stuff, but what kinda taste do you need to enjoy this game?

Good taste.

badgenome said:
Chandler said:

Good taste.

Word. You have no honor, sir!

badgenome said:
Chandler said:

Good taste.

lol

I thought the game was good. I wish some of the games mechanics were a bit deeper but it was a good first try. Dishonored 2 should turn out a lot better. 

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

This game is boring for me as well. I was fairly hyped, it seemed like a cool concept. Then I played a while. Boring, repetitive, bland environment.

Where's the fun?

I'll finish this some day, but only because I don't waste money.

Around the Network
badgenome said:
Chandler said:

Good taste.

Ok so me liking all stealth games except Dishonored is bad taste and the other way around is good taste? Got it. Thanks for your helpful input, as always.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

So, you are saying, you actually LITERALLY got dishonored?

Sounds like you just suck at it. It's a fantastic game

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Wait, how did a guy spotted you from 30m away? I think you are playing this game the wrong way, did you shoot a gun or something?. Also use your powers, they are your biggest friends (especially Dark Vision and the teleport one).

The only thing I agree with you is the story, it's really boring imo.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Chandler said:
badgenome said:
Chandler said:

Good taste.

Ok so me liking all stealth games except Dishonored is bad taste and the other way around is good taste? Got it. Thanks for your helpful input, as always.

Coming from you with your post history, that sure doesn't mean much.