By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So if all the rumors are true, is anyone else worried about the Next Xbox?

Are you concerned at all from the next Xbox rumors?

Yes, hopefully the rumors... 71 49.31%

Some what worried. I wou... 13 9.03%

Not at all, all the rumors sound great 11 7.64%

Not worried, Im sure the ... 25 17.36%

Undecided 23 15.97%

Total:143

This gen my primary console of choice has been the Xbox 360.  Xbox Live, Halo, and the high quality of multi platform games really drew me in as a player and I spent litteraly thousands of dollars this generation on the Xbox brand.  Going into the next gen I assumed this would still be the case.  I own all consoles so I can play the exclusives but my primary game time is generally on the 360.

I'm beginning to grow worried however that could radically change next gen.  Rumors of no pre owned games, always online in order to play, a focus on media over core games, and quite a bit weaker hardware than the PS4 have all left me worried.

So far if the rumors are true the PS4 may honestly become my primary console next gen, something 3 years ago I would never have guessed would happen.  Again these are rumors and maybe none of it is true.  It's quite possible in April MS will blow me away with a huge amount of awesome games and features.

So is anyone else who is a fan of MS worried about the Next Gen Xbox?

Around the Network

I could have sworn the no used games thing was shot down recently.

Anyway, I kicked Xbox to the curb because MS got too lazy mid way through the generation, but given their past behavior and the ZERO first party 360 games coming out this year it's pretty obvious they are gearing up for a huge, huge launch. I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.

I'm not worried because I don't believe MS or Sony will drop the used game ban bomb. The tech might be in place, but there is no way they will push the button for a long white. Maybe several years into the next gen we might see some games with always on connections, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Even if it does happen and even though I hate ownership right infringement, it would take more than that to keep me away from Halo 5.

I'd like to move to digital titles anyways... so I guess I'm already giving up 2nd hand purchases. But, I think its unlikely that will go away based on MSony rule. My bet is the tech will be there and it will be the publishers themselves that implement it. Some will and some won't. Personally, I think they'd be better off to just push digital over retail with good discounts. Granted that will likely be worse over all as once digital is the only format, prices will likely never drop. Kinda like music.

kain_kusanagi said:
I'm not worried because I don't believe MS or Sony will drop the used game ban bomb. The tech might be in place, but there is no way they will push the button for a long white. Maybe several years into the next gen we might see some games with always on connections, but I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Even if it does happen and even though I hate ownership right infringement, it would take more than that to keep me away from Halo 5.

Oh yeah Ill buy one no matter what at some point next gen just for the exclusives like Halo but i wont be buying one at launch.  Not if the rumors are true at least

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Granted that will likely be worse over all as once digital is the only format, prices will likely never drop. Kinda like music.

I kind of doubt that, if only because of Steam.

badgenome said:
superchunk said:
Granted that will likely be worse over all as once digital is the only format, prices will likely never drop. Kinda like music.

I kind of doubt that, if only because of Steam.

But steam has retail competition right now. If it were only different digital stores... don't you think publishers would lock it down?

Netflix is kinda an example. It was super cheap. Then once content owners realized people really wanted that, they forced price increases.

I'm not that worried, since I'm pretty sure I won't get one unless you don't have to pay to play online.

I can see some 3rd parties blocking used games on both he 720 and PS4.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
nop , i am happy, blocked used games and a console with always online connection.

sadly this is too good to be true :S

Haha you want it to have those to help the PS4 though

For gamers if this stuff is true it will be terrible for them though.