By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best realistic graphics on Wii

brendude13 said:
Wright said:
Sharu said:
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles

I actually think that Umbrella Chronicles was better in the graphic department:

*pics*

I need to re-buy that game, it was awesome.

It was indeed. I can understand people not liking on-rails shooters, but seriously. It was polished, it was fun, and it was challenging. It had escenarios of RE0, 1, 2, 3 and a special one that links RE3 with RE5 and REvelations. I like to think it is one of the best Resident Evil games out there.

Around the Network
Bienrico said:

These games would have been perfect if Wii could handle HD.

If Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong Country Returns look realistic to you, please tell me where you live, cos I wanna move there! ;)

I'm gonna go outside the box and vote for Fatal Frame 4. It may only have officially released in Japan, but a fan translation patch allows it to be played in English, and it looks great, with very detailed character models and moody environments:

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is probably the most technically advanced, with its superb character rendering, motion captured animation, dynamic shadowing, snow particles, high res textures, and refractive ice. I just prefer the more dank, desolate look of Fatal Frame 4.

Endless Ocean 2 deserves a mention as well, the water effects and animals look very nice.

The Wii was definitely under-utilised visually, games like these show it was perfectly capable of producing pleasing looking games even without the help of stylization.

curl-6 said:

I'm gonna go outside the box and vote for Fatal Frame 4. It may only have officially released in Japan, but a fan translation patch allows it to be played in English, and it looks great, with very detailed character models and moody environments:

*Pics*

You reminded me of this one:

ghettoglamour said:
Are the best Wii graphics even worth mentioning?

Why not? Because it's not as advanced as the other consoles of its generation?

In that case, why mention the best PS3 or 360 graphics when a top-of-the-line gaming PC eats them for breakfast?

Why mention PC when movie CGI eats that for breakfast?

Why mention movie CGI when real life eats that for breakfast?

Of the games I actually own, I'm going to go with Silent Hill. I was kinda surprised on a couple of occasions by how good it looked. It wasn't as consistent as the Gamecube port of Resident Evil 4, though.

Around the Network
Gamerace said:
F0X said:

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (runs at 60 FPS too)

Still unhappy that I'm the only one who really cares about this game. It was awesome.

You're not the only one.  I really enjoyed it.  Definitely one of Wii's most overlooked and under-appreciated games.  

Prince of Persia games are always fantastic looking.  I got the 360 version for like $5 a year ago.  I think I'll play it, today.

curl-6 said:
ghettoglamour said:
Are the best Wii graphics even worth mentioning?

Why not? Because it's not as advanced as the other consoles of its generation?

In that case, why mention the best PS3 or 360 graphics when a top-of-the-line gaming PC eats them for breakfast?

Why mention PC when movie CGI eats that for breakfast?

Why mention movie CGI when real life eats that for breakfast?

Now I'm hungry.  Which makes me realize I didn't have any breakfast.

There are some games that I own and see people listing that I thought looked pretty bad.
Zelda SS looked pretty bad on anything except my daughter's tiny HDTV (19 inch, I think. It may be smaller.
Xenoblade looked horrendous to me. Still was fun, though.
The Last Story looked pretty decent but nothing special.
Endless Ocean looked pretty bad.
Other M looked really good at times and really bad (almost PS1 bad) at other times.

I can only comment on games I've actually played, though. I know first hand that screenshots lie. I have my PC connected to the same HDTV that I game on and the screenshots look better on the PC than they do actually running on the console.

curl-6 said:

If Mario Galaxy and Donkey Kong Country Returns look realistic to you, please tell me where you live, cos I wanna move there! ;)

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is probably the most technically advanced, with its superb character rendering, motion captured animation, dynamic shadowing, snow particles, high res textures, and refractive ice. I just prefer the more dank, desolate look of Fatal Frame 4.

Endless Ocean 2 deserves a mention as well, the water effects and animals look very nice.

The Wii was definitely under-utilised visually, games like these show it was perfectly capable of producing pleasing looking games even without the help of stylization.

No need to go outside the box, so-to-speak, when FFII:Crimson Butterfly (a remake not a port) was released both in Japan and PAL

Elebits was a remarkable game on the Wii.  Detailed, realistic rooms filled with objects that can be fully manipulated with an awesome physics engine.